thirty seven.

Third Person POV

The week went by fast since they spent all of their time trying to look for a nice, affordable apartment. They'd been skipping classes for the whole week, focusing solely on apartment hunting.

One particular apartment had caught both boys' attention. It was a nice, small one. With two bedrooms, a bathroom, a cozy sitting area along with a nice kitchen. Taehyung had fallen in love with it the second they stepped inside, trying to convince Jungkook that this was the perfect one for them.

"Jungkook! This has everything we need, it's perfect. And it's not costly either." Taehyung had rambled on for the hundredth time.

"I like this one, too." Jungkook admitted and the remainder of the week was spent thinking about how they'd split up the pay. Neither of the boys had jobs and they still had to go to school.

Until one night, while Jungkook and Taehyung were discussing the essentials for living in an apartment, Jungkook's cell phone rang.

"Who is it?" Taehyung asks.

"It's my mom," Jungkook says, picking the phone up.

"Hey, mom. What's up?" Jungkook says through the phone, curious as to why she'd be calling this late.

"Jungkook-ah, hey," His mothe said through the phone and Jungkook sensed something was off with the way she nervously chuckles.

"Everything okay, mom?" Jungkook asks.

"Ah, yes. I was calling to, um- look, Jungkookie, I can't afford to pay for your university fees anymore, baby. I'm so sorry," She apologizes and Jungkook slumps on his bed, Taehyung's eyebrows raising in concern.

Jungkook lets out a deep sigh. He saw it coming sooner or later. "That's fine, mum. Taehyung and I found a nice apartment not that far away. I'll just drop out, I guess. And I could find a job or something," Jungkook assures his mother.

"Are you sure? I'm so sorry, it's just, it's so costly, and I don't have the money for it. Are you mad?" She asks and Jungkook chuckles.

"No, mom. It's fine. I was thinking of dropping out anyway. My grades weren't all that great either. Don't worry, mom. I'll be fine," Jungkook says.

"Okay, I gotta go now. Bye, Jungkook. Good luck with the apartment and let me know once you've found a job. I love you sweetie. Goodnight."

"Bye, mom. Love you too," Jungkook says before hanging up and setting his phone on the nightstand.

Taehyung scoots over to Jungkook on the bed, plopping down onto his lap.

"Everything okay?" Taehyung asks, grabbing ahold of Jungkook's hand, linking their fingers together.

"I guess. But we'll have to buy that apartment soon and move in. My mom, she uh- she won't be able to pay for my education any longer. So I've gotta find myself a nice job." Jungkook says and Taehyung frowns.

"You're going to drop out?"

"Well, yeah. I have no choice." Jungkook replies and Taehyung thinks for a moment before speaking up again.

"Come to think of it, I think I should drop out, too." Taehyung says.

"What? Why? Tae, no. You need the education," Jungkook says.

"Yeah, but I don't even know if I want to continue to be a graphic designer. I mean, my grades have been dropping. What's the point in continuing if I don't enjoy doing what I do?" Taehyung admits.

"Well, if you really want to...I mean, we can both find jobs to pay for our apartment. It won't be that bad, right?" Jungkook asks and Taehyung excitedly nods his head in agreement.

"Oh! Seokjin hyung recently opened a café, he's been looking for people to work with him. Maybe we can apply? I'm sure he'd take us in!" Taehyung rambles on.

"That actually doesn't sound bad at all. How about we buy that apartment tomorrow? And we can head over to the café too and apply. How does that sound?" Jungkook asks and Taehyung squeals.

"Sounds perfect!" Taehyung smiles, squeezing Jungkook's hand.

Jungkook carefully pries Taehyung off of him, getting up and stripping out of his clothes before sliding back in bed.

"Hands up," Jungkook says and Taehyung obeys, raising his arms in the air as he feels Jungkook easily slide his t-shirt off, along with his uncomfortably tight pants. Jungkook envelopes Taehyung in his arms, laying down.

"Let's sleep. We have a long ass day tomorrow," Jungkook says. "Good night baby."

Taehyung rubs his cheek against Jungkook's chest, closing his eyes shut before a comfortable darkness takes over.