Chapter 17 :)

So today was the day I was gonna meet Alex (boy from the party) at the park. I was really nervous. I haven’t seen him since last year and now the secrets out, I’m sure what he has to day will not be nice.

I walked to school and saw all these looks. I walked past a girl in the year below and heard her say “Isn’t that the girl that has a mental problem?”. Wtf? why were they saying that? I don’t have a mental problem. Whilst I was at my locker Veronica walked up to me. “Hey” she said as she spun me around and pushed me up against the lockers. She grabbed my wrist and rolled up the sleeve of my jumper exposing my cuts. “See girls, I told you she cuts! I always knew she was fucked in the head” she said to her friends. “leave me alone Veronica” I said and walked off. Surprisingly she didn’t come after me. I walked to the tree and sat down crying. About 10 minutes later Ben walked up to me and joined me. “Hey, you okay?” he asked. “no, not really” I said and laid on his lap. “Show me your wrists” he demanded, “Why?” I questioned him. “Because, I want to see how many times I wasn’t there for you” he said rolling up my sleeves just as Veronica did this morning. He saw both my arms full of cuts. He embraced me into a hug and kissed my forehead. “I’m sorry for not being here for you. Please don’t cut. It hurts to see you like this” he said. “It releases pain and it kinda helps. You don’t understand how hard this is” I told him and put my head into his chest whilst he hugged me and rubbed my scars. This was a perfect moment.

After school I walked to the park and saw Alex sitting on the bench. “Hey, Alex…” I said as I walked up to him. “Don’t act so innocent!” He snapped. “You little whore, you let the secret out! I can’t believe you did that! I warned you! Now you are going to pay!” he said. “What do you want?” I screamed. “I want you to give people a reason to hate you, so your life can be hell” he said. “Um, incase you haven’t noticed I already have people who hate me. My mum hates me, My brothers hate me, basically the whole school, what more do you want?” I told him. “Well lets go to the next extreme shall we? Come with me!” he said as he dragged me to his car. We drove to his house and dragged me down some stairs, leaving me in a basement type room. “Now, I’m going to leave you in here until someone really needs you” he yelled and locked the door leaving me alone in the dark room. I had my phone and I could easily call someone to come get me, but everyone hates me so what’s the point. I thought about calling Ben, but maybe I should wait.

{LUKE’S POV.}

We got on the plane and I put my earphones in and listened to music. I looked through the photos on my phone and saw thousands and thousands of selfies of me and Bella. I decided to post one on instagram.

@lukebrooksofficial: I miss these days with the little sister :( I love you @BellaBrooks1

I put my phone away and stared out the window. I really hope she’s okay. I don’t want her doing anything stupid. I started having doubts. What if we don’t get home in time? What if she says she hates us? What if we make her feel worse? There were a thousands questions going through my mind. I just wanted this flight to be over so I can see her. She means everything to me and I don’t want to lose my little sister.

We finally arrived at Melbourne airport. Jai and I grabbed our bags and then ran for a taxi. We were stopped by a few fans to take photos and sign things, but then we were on our way. When we got home I ran to the door leaving Jai with our bags. I opened the front door and saw no one was there. No Bella, No mum. What the hell? “Bella?” I called walking through the  house. “Bella?” I called saying it a bit louder. “ISABELLA!?” I yelled and still no reply. She wasn’t here. I told Jai and said that I was going to ask Tyla and Ben if they had seen her.

I walked to Tyla’s house first and knocked on the door. “Hey Luke! What are you doing here?” he asked. “Bella. Have you seen her?” I asked, really starting to panic. “I saw her at school. Then this afternoon she was walking to the park and she met someone there. I didn’t see her after that” he said. “What did the person look like?” I asked. “He looked like Max’s little brother. You know Max Annon?” he replied. “thanks Tyla” I nodded and ran off. I ran to Max’s house and banged on the door. I was furious and ready to kill Max and his little brother.

{ISABELLA’S POV}

I was sitting all alone in the dark room when my phone went off. It was tweet from Veronica.

@VeronicaLove101: She cuts! Little slut @BellaBrooks1 just wants attention. Look at those ugly scars. Now you are fat and even more ugly than before!

I clicked the image that was attached to the tweet and there I saw a picture of my cuts for the whole world to see. I started to cry. All of a sudden I heard someone walking down the stairs. I had my phone away in my pocket just before Alex walked in and grabbed me, dragging me up stairs. I could hear shouting and voice that sounded like Luke’s. I knew it couldn’t be him because he was in America. It’s just not possible.

Once I was got upstairs I saw that it was Luke. I was shocked and could hardly look at him. “Here’s your darling little sister” I heard Max say went he turned round and pointed at me. “Bella!” Luke yelled and started coming towards me. “Na ah ah. Not so fast Brooks” Max said holding Luke back. All of a sudden I felt a knife come close to my throat. “If you go anywhere near your sister, you will not see her again” Alex threatened bringing the knife and inch closer. I was shaking. My heart was pounding 100 times per second. “Look all I want from your sister is to have some time with her. Thats all” Alex said grabbing onto me tighter. “Luke, go! I’ll be fine, don’t worry about me! Please! I’m fine” I yelled hoping Luke would leave. He shook his head “No, I will not leave you here with these mentals!” he shouted. “Alex, take her upstairs and do what you need to do!” Max ordered. Alex pulled me upstairs and into his room,locking the door behind him. “All I want is to relive our last night together, But this time lets take it to the next extreme” he said walking over to his draw and grabbing a condom. He turned away from a minute and that was my chance to grab something and hit him with it. I grabbed a baseball bat he had on the floor and walked up to him. He turned around and I hit him in the face, knocking him out and letting his nose bleed. I ran out of the room and down the stairs. I could see Luke, but not Max. Luke was just sitting on the couch. I texted him

To: Luke

From: Isabella

Hey faggot, look to the stairs!

He felt his phone buzz and opened the text. He read it and looked up. I mouthed to him telling him to distract Max, so I could get out. “Hey Max, can I leave? I’m not gonna tell anyone that Bella is here. I don’t want to be near her because of all this shit. Please can I just go?” he asked. “Sure, but if you tell anyone, we will hurt you, just like your sister is being hurt now” Max answered. “okay and one more thing” Luke said as he punched Max in the face. I ran down the stairs and out the door. A minute later Luke walked out. I hugged him not wanting to let go. “Come on lets go” he said and started walking off and I quickly followed him.

When we got home I saw that Jai was inside. What the hell? “O my god! Bella!!” he said as he ran up to me giving me a hug. I knew I should have asked them why they were here but I really wasn’t in the mood. “I’m going upstairs” I said and left them sitting on the couch with confused faces. I didn’t want to make it obvious that I was struggling so I just left. I went into my room and collapsed on my bed. I felt really dizzy and lightheaded. I tried to remember the last time I ate. Um maybe like 2 weeks ago since I ate a proper meal. I was feeling really sick, so I ran to the bathroom and threw up. This time it was on purpose. I heard the bathroom door open and someone started rubbing my back. I could tell it was Luke. “It’s okay Bella, It’s okay” he whispered.