8. Sayonara

Part – 8

"At Some Point, You Have To Realize That Some People Can Stay In Your Heart But Not In Your Life"

(Karthik's POV)

I walk into my apartment holding a scotch bottle in my hand, stumbling. Yeah, I have drowned myself in drinks as it makes me forget the pain of losing my love. Who the f**k told drinking kills? Drinking heals... it heals the killing pain... drinking heals my wounded heart... "I love you, baby" I kiss the scotch bottle I am holding. Baby? Oh my baby brat! My love!

Love? Oh yeah! My one side valueless f**king love.

I don't know why I am drawn to Mithra's room instead of mine. To feel her presence? I don't know. I walk into her room and immediately I can smell her scent, I can feel her presence everywhere in the room. I can hear her giggles & merry laughs. I slump to the floor defeated beside her bed & placing the scotch bottle on the floor, I stretch my arm on the bed and rest my head on it. Her bed is so soft & warm like her but it is so empty like my life. So void!

"What the f**k are you doing here? How could you just walk out from your own party?" I hear someone shouting. Oh yeah, the annoying a-hole friend of mine, Sanjeev.

"What the f**k are you doing here? Oh and don't you know to knock the door?" I shout back.

"It was open so I barged in" he answers me. I lift my drowsy eyelids to see my friends' gang walking in one by one. Why are they here? To party my 'parting away' with my wife moment? No, I won't give my scotch. It's all I have, now. I hug my scotch bottle securely to my chest.

"What the hell you did in your party, Karthik?" Deepa growls at me. What I did? What party? I stare impassively at her.

"I just cut the cake... You didn't get the cake pieces? Is that your accusation? Don't worry I will get you a big cake tomorrow. I promise, Deeps" I say & take a sip directly from the bottle but Deepa roughly snatched it from my hand making me spill the little drink I gulped in.

"Girl, that's mine" I protest.

"Karthik, why you did that? You promised me you won't leave Mithra EVER!?" Sanjeev asks.

"Don't you think you are showing too much loyalty for Mithra than me? Well, I am happy seeing your affection for her but do care a little for you poor friend hun?" I pat gently on his face with my fingers.

"Karthik what's wrong?" Ria asks in a soft voice which I like. I don't want any one shouting but me.

"What the hell with this "what's wrong" crap?" I shout. "Everything is fine now... Mithra is happy... Mithra is not tied to me anymore... Mithra can live with her parents like before... Mithra can enjoy her youth carefree college life not worrying of being caught that she is a married girl... Mithra can have a date... Mithra can fall in love with him... Mithra can get a job... Mithra can get married... Mithra can have kids... Yeah... Yeah... Yeah... Mithra's life is perfect now... My baby brat will be happy... I'm happy I finally did the right thing for her. So you all move your asses out of my house & go home & sleep tight. Ta ta... Bye bye... Sayonara" I say climbing on Mithra's bed & lie on my back looking up at the ceiling. Stars, flowers, mickey, dora, I love you...

"Karthik... What is it, dude? Why are you like this? Why are you shutting us away from you?" Rahul asks. I remain silent for a moment.

"Everything was wrong right from the start. But now we made it right" I tell them in a kitten soft voice. Not sure they heard me.

"Mithra and you were happy right? Ria asks.

"Yes, we were." I agree. Of course we were happy or I thought so?