2. Silly Banter

Part - 2

"There Is Nothing On This Earth More to Be Prized Than True Friendship" Thomas Aquinas

(Karthik's POV)

(Next morning)

God! After taking shower also I still feel sleepy. I want to lazily lounge on bed all day. I'm too tired to face my circus clan, that's my family. When I became this lazy? Well, when you didn't have proper night sleep then feeling sleepy & lazy at the morning is quite reasonable.

"Karthik!" my friends, Sanjeev, Deepa, Ria, Rahul shrieks my name in unison. They all have occupied the breakfast table & it seems they all are on their round two or three eating hot parathas.

All monkeys eating as if they were starving for months. Even yesterday at wedding, they all stayed late & ate all the left overs but now fighting for parathas like Piranhas.

"You all do have houses of your own right?" I ask them with a sarcastic smile & pull a chair for myself to sit.

"Yes, we do" Deepa replies liking her finger.

"Then what the hell you are doing here?" I ask her back irately.

"Eating" Sanjeev says smartly. Duh! I can see that man.

"Why? You don't have food at your home?"

"We do but we don't get Radha aunty's hand made tasty parathas"

"Alright, you guys can stay here for a while & have dessert too" I tell them with a smile.

"Of course, we would love to" Ria bat her eyelashes.

"What special sweet?" Rahul asks expectantly.

"Mithra is making kheer" I smirk at them. Ah! This is what I want to see... all choking with the food in their mouths, spilling out water and eyes wide, panic setting on their faces. Nice!

"Karthik, I'm on diet, no sweets, no sugar, no calories" Deepa says hiding her terror.

"Me too" Ria joins her.

"Nothing doing! All four of you sit & eat her kheer & don't forget to appreciate it or else she will feel bad" I warn them.

"Karthik, we are not fantastic four to face such a tragedy. Please buddy, we are your friends so don't do this cruelty to us" Deepa begs me. Oh my poor friends! If you don't taste her kheer then from where I will bring people to taste her kheer & I'm sure as hell whoever tastes her food will only puke but no praises will come from their mouths, so you four are my goats ready to slaughter. I smirk evilly.

"If by any chance we survived after eating her kheer then we will say few lies to make your wife happy" Sanjeev grunts.

"Come on, Sanjeev, she won't be that bad. Last week also she tried a sweet... haan halwa... it came well nah?" I ask him.

"Oh yeah, it came so well so I gave it to the poster boy to stick posters on walls using her halwa as glue... that was total crap and you know that so you better not defend her cooking skills. God, I have never tasted such a disaster in my life." Sanjeev makes a face as his body slightly shivered thinking about the crappiest sweet she ever made.

Hmm, to be honest, I can't argue with what Sanjeev said. Mithra is one horrible cook. She better stays away from kitchen so that she won't burn the place down.

"Karthik, you don't worry, I will eat" Rahul says with full confidence.

"That's like my boy" I pat his shoulder.