19. Repentance & Accusation!!

Part - 19

"True Repentance Never Leads To Despair. It Leads Home. It Leads Grace" - John Orbery

(Mithra's POV)

"Mithra, did you hear what my Karthik told? He agreed to get married! Oh my God! I am so happy" Radha aunty hugs me happily. I feel numb. I can't believe what I just heard. My Karthik agreed to marry someone else.

"Mithra, why are you crying? By the way why you were interrupting Karthik and I when we were talking? Did you both have any fight? Don't worry, he can never hold his angry on you for long" Radha aunty says soothingly & wipes off my tears but it refuses to stop.

"Mithra, can you help me in selecting the best girl for Karthik?" I look at her with a frown. Is she teasing me? Here, I am crying but she is smiling widely and asking me to choose the best girl for my Karthik?

"I have already registered Karthik's profile on various matrimonial sites knowing someday he will give in to my plea & finally that day has come. I will show you all the photos of beautiful girls who I have short listed & you choose the best among them because you know Karthik so well" she continues her rambling.

Know him well? Who? Me? How ironical? If I had known him well and If could understand his feelings much earlier then I... No, we wouldn't be in this mess now. Oh God! I was so ignorant of his love for me and became the reason for his heart break. God, please forgive me for hurting my Karthik.

"Mithra, choose the best daughter-in-law for me & perfect wife for my son" she says placing the laptop on my lap to view the photos of girls she's short listed.

Is she deliberately rubbing salt on my wound? Is she punishing me now for the suffering her son went through because of me? Can I blame her if she is really intending to hurt me? No, I can't. Ugh! I hate myself for what all Karthik had gone through because of me... Uff! Stop it, Mithra! There is no use in cribbing over what's has already happened. It's time for you to repent for what you did, though you did what you did, unknowingly, it affected many people you care about so go seek their apology and set everything straight. My inner voice for once gave me the right path to take.

"Aunty, I... you please..."

"Oh come on, Mithra, don't you want to see our Karthik happy?"

"Yes, I do" but don't you guys get he is not happy with this marriage? Why are you forcing him yet again aunty? For you it might sound like pleading him but no, it is not what it is. You are yet again forcing him into yet another unwanted marriage.

Oh God, How I will make them understand that Karthik loves me & his happiness is with me because I am his happiness! I want to cry out loud but I didn't.

Oh wait...OMG! This is the missing jigsaw piece. I am his happiness. Finally realization dawns to her. Like how he is my happiness. We both love each other. Yes, I admit now I love my Karthik & he is mine...only mine. I need to fight for him. I decide what to do next, mentally.

I dash my tears with the back of my hands & straighten my shoulders determined to fight back my love.

I lost him once because of my foolish mistake... for want of a better word, miscalculation or misjudgment. I misjudged that his happiness was not with me not even realizing I was his happiness till a moment ago. Well, past is past. Come hell or high water, I am going to get him back in my life and shower him with my love as he deserves.

"Aunty, give me a minute, I will come now" I tell her & run to Karthik's room to have a quick confess.

"Karthik..." I enter his room without knocking the door. He is sitting on the bed clutching a throw pillow over his stomach and staring at the wall blankly.