48. Happy Holi!

Happy Holi to all (In advance)

Part – 48

"Holi Is A Special Time Of Year To Remember Those Who Are Close To Our Hearts With Splashing Colors!"

Mithra is standing near the balcony, with one hand holding the railing & other hand gently caressing her warm soft belly as she gazes the night sky. I got late at work & just now reached home & I let myself in hoping Mithra would have fallen asleep but she is waiting for me. How sweet!

"Hey, baby" I whisper near Mithra's ear as I wrap my hands around her little bump from standing behind her.

"You didn't sleep?" I ask her & kiss the side of her cheek.

"Waiting for you" She says softly & leans her head back on my chest.

"You had your dinner, Karthik?" Mithra asks me.

"Yep. You?" I ask her though I already know she had. I called her & forced her to eat on time saying I will be late & I don't want her to wait for me. In fact I was online till she finished her meal. 

"Yep!" She says & rubs her stomach. She has got that habit recently. When I asked why she was doing that she said the cutest thing that she was putting the baby to sleep. It's her way to make the baby feel safe. In these 24 weeks of pregnancy she quite well got bonded with our child, so do I and as a result of it even I started talking with our baby girl but only when Mithra is asleep. I feel awkward to coo our baby when Mithra is watching me. I don't know why.

"Shall we go to bed, Mithu?" I ask.

"Nope" she says & turns around to face me. I look down at her wondering what she wants now.

"I want you to play guitar and sing for me" she demands. That's it? Cool!

I smile & leaning down I kiss her soft lips. "Okay. It's getting cold out here so shall we go to our room and there I will play & sing for you?" I ask. I don't want her catching cold.

"Nope! You will sing here only. It's so romantic here in balcony so you go get your guitar." She insists and pushes my chest.

"Mithra..." I try to argue..

"Please!" She asks me with those puppy eyes. I sigh & walk back to our room to get my guitar. It's been so long since I played lastly.

When I return back to the balcony, I find Mithra sitting on the floor, her legs stretched out & her back leaning against the wall. She holds her hand out for me and when I took it she pulls me down to the floor.

“Karthik, move & sit" Mithra pushes me away when her stomach hits the side of my hip when she tried to turn & lean close to me.

"Sorry!" I whisper & scoot away from her.

"Hey! Come close! Come close!" Now she wants me to sit close so that she can rest her head on my shoulder.

"What song?" I ask after adjusting our position.

"Anything of your choice, I will just love anything you sing for me... um, for us" she corrects.

"Okay! This song is for you two" I say & kiss her lips while my hand caresses her belly.

#...You're the light, you're the night
You're the color of my blood
You're the cure, you're the pain
You're the only thing I wanna touch ...#