30. Love Is A Drug

Part - 30 

- - - - -

"If You Are Wrong And You Shut Up, You're Wise. 

If You're Right And You Shut Up, You're Married"

- - - - -

Karthik's POV

"Done with your shopping" I ask Mithra finding her outside the mall.

"Yeah" she nods. Actually Mithra called me when I was in my office to inform me that she had come to this mall to do some last minute purchases for our wedding which is in three days and I told her to do all the shopping and I will come to pick up her.

"You got all the crunches & cool drinks for tonight's get together?" I ask her. Yes, tonight all our friends Sanjeev-Deepa, Rahul- Ria, even Micheal-Nisha have come to India few days prior to attend our wedding & we all are having a small party at our apartment.

"Yeah, I stocked all that today morning."

"Hmm... Tara is coming right?" I ask.

"Yeah. She said she will bring her fiancé along with her tonight & I am so thrilled to see him"

"Fiancé? she got engaged?"

"Yep! Even I don't know when she got engaged. She only told me the news when I called her this morning & I am really mad at her for not inviting me for her engagement" suddenly Mithra goes to angry mode.

"Come on yaar! We both got married without inviting any of our friends so you can't really blame her" I remind her grinning.

"Oh yeah! Right. I will forgive her" she tells kind heartedly.

"Come" I lead her to the car.

She settles on the passenger seat & turns back to throw her handbag and that's when she notices the box.

"What are these?" She asks frowning.

"Can't you see? Beer bottles for tonight's party"

"You are gonna drink tonight?"

"Yep!"

"Karthik..."

"Mithra, no! Don't stop me. You know I drink on occasions & this is one such occasion I want to enjoy to the fullest so you don't restrict me"

"Karthik, why don't you quit drinking? Then you will be so perfect"

"I like being flawed"

"What gift you are going to give me for our wedding?" She asks changing the track but I can guess where she is heading with this.

"Why you wanna curtail all my happiness, Mithra?" I ask her jokingly.

"What do you mean?" She asks frowning.

"I know you will want me quit drinking as your wedding gift, right?" I spell it out loud for her.

"What do you mean by 'I wanna curtail all your happiness'? Am I a bitch to do that? How can you accuse me of anything I am not and I am not doing?"

"Hey! I meant in a joking way so take it light"

"But that doesn't sound like a joke to me" she retorts. I sigh.

"Mithra, let's stop here" I say with finality & focus on driving. I don't want a fight & spoil my mood or hers. She folds her arms & looks outside the window obviously pissed at me & I didn't bother to talk with her as I know she will pick another fight from our simple convo. We are like a fucking pendulum. We swing from north to south & back to normal in seconds.