32. Live Together! Love Forever!

Part – 32

"Marriage Does Not Guarantee You Will Be Together Forever, It's Only Paper. It Takes Love, Respect, Trust, Understanding, Friendship And Faith In Your Relationship To Make It Last!"

(Mithra's POV)

"Come on, my slave, help me pack my bags" I order Sanjeev.

"Why? Are you going to elope with your secret lover? If so then I would thank the lord because it would save my best friend from his misery" he comments. Tara giggles. I glare at Tara who quickly hides her face behind a magazine she's holding in her hand.

"What nonsense? Karthik asked me to start packing my luggage as we will be leaving for our honeymoon in two days." I say slightly blushing.

"Where? Where he is taking you? Do you know?" Sanjeev asks me lounging on the couch.

"No! I don't know. I thought he would have told you?" I ask shooting my eyebrow up.

"Well, he would have told me if had hang out with him but you didn't let me spend a minute with my friend?" he grumbles.

"Did you forget? You are my slave & only tomorrow, just a moment before my wedding you will be released..."

"Then Karthik will be your slave, forever" he laughs. Tara joins him, laughing. I kick his leg and slap her arm.

"Tara! You are my friend" I remind her. She presses her lips to compose herself.

"You know, I laughed my ass off when you sang 'Tujh Mein Rab dikhta hai' (I see God in you) song (From Rabne Bana di Jodi movie) for Karthik in your Sangeet function" Sanjeev says laughing.

"Of course, he is. He is my lord, my savior, my protector, my love, my life... you understand that, moron?" I ask. He nods his head and quietly he helps me in folding the cloths.

"Mujh mein kya dikta hai? (What you see in me?)" Sanjeev asks blinking his eyes, acting like an innocent kid.

"Bulldog!" I say smirking.

"Rightly said, Mithra" Tara and I hi-fied. Sanjeev makes a face.

"You know what, Mithra? My heart melted when Karthik sang 'Tum hi ho, ab tum hi ho, meri zindagi ab tum hi ho' song for you. It was so melodious & touching. His love for you was so palpable in his eyes when he sung that song. Aww... for a minute I wished I was Mithra" Tara envied. But she is right. Karthik didn't take his eyes off of me while he sang and that made me feel like I was the only one in his world.

"Tara! Back to earth" I waved my hand in front of her face. "Dream on your boyfriend, not on my husband" I warn her.

"Okay Chill" she grins. She better know how possessive I am for my Karthik and dare not think of him.

"Even if he hadn't expressed his love through that song, we already know you are his zindagi (life)" Sanjeev states. I smile agreeing.

"I really enjoyed this evening" I tell them. Mom-dad, Uncle-aunty and all our friends dancing to 'I to go crazy te jab vajde Punjabi wedding' song & enjoying themselves really made me & Karthik happy. We would have missed all the fun if we hadn't agreed to marry again for our parents' satisfaction.

"God! I can't wait for the wedding" I groan loudly.

"Just one night Mithra." Tara consoles me.

"Yeah, I know" I sigh.

"Okay, we will leave you to sleep. Take rest. You will need your energy tomorrow" Tara whispers & winks at me. I slap her arm playfully. Then she walks out & Sanjeev follows but stops & turns to me.