45. Fight & More Fight!

Part – 45

"I Want You. All Of You. Your Flaws. Your Mistakes. Your Imperfections. I Want You, And Only You."

(Karthik's POV)

"Hey! What are you doing?" I ask Mithra.

"Can't you see? Cooking!" she says as she pours some olive oil in the wok. What is she making?

"That I know. But why are you cooking? On weekends I only cook nah?" before Mithra learned cooking I used to cook for us everyday & sometimes we order or dine out but once she started cooking, she insisted on cooking on weekdays & I cook on weekends as she loves my cooking and one weekend of every month we go to our parents' place for family dinner so mostly my cooking burden is minimal.

"Rules have changed" she says as she adds the chopped onions & chilies into the wok.

"Since when?"

Why change the rules which we are successfully practicing for years now?

"From now on I will cook on weekends..."

What? Is she expecting me to cook on weekdays?

"Oh God please. I have lots of work to catch up with in office & I can't cook for 5 days in a week. I can manage cooking for only two days"

"No. I will be cooking all the seven days..."

What?

"Why?" I ask her

"You don't like my cooking?" she asks with a frown.

"Of course I do." she has become one find cook over the period. Thanks to Mrs. Kelly for teaching her so many nice dishes while she was in Australia.

"Then no question. It's me going to cook everyday... maybe on Sundays we will have dinner out."

"How many times do I have to tell you that I am fine?" I ask angrily. She is treating me like a baby and I don't like it at all! "Please, stop this, Mithra!"

"Stop what?" she asks with a frown.

"Showing all this concern crap" I say harshly.

She is treating me as if I am a fucking porcelain doll.

"You really suffocate me, Mithra" I blurt out & regret saying it the very next moment.

I know it would hurt Mithra. But it's true. She is always tagging behind me & monitoring my every single move. She is not letting me do any work. She wants me to be in complete rest which I hate. I have never been like this. I was always been active & worked hard. I love to take care of Mithra but not the other way round. It's so novel & unsettling.

"Wouldn't you do the same to me if I had suffered from health issues?" she asks me looking straight into my eyes. I guess she has a point. I was always over protective for her & it would have been tenfold more if she was in my place.

"I am going to office. Bye" I hurriedly say realizing that she locked me with a fair question & for which I don't have an answer.

"But it's not even a week since you got discharged from hospital. You need rest." she protests.

I sigh & rub my forehead. "Okay, I have some pending works. I will just finish it off & come back home in 2 hours" I tell to appease her. She nods. I quickly lean down and kiss her forehead; this ritual will never change even when I am hell mad at her. I love kissing her forehead before leaving out of home. It's like I am making a promise to her that I will be back home safe & also I kiss her forehead before going to sleep promising that I will wake up the next day to see her beautiful face.