25. Love In The Air

Part – 25

"You are not just my Friend; you are my Love! You are not just my Love; you are my Heart! You are not just my Heart; you are my Life! You are not just my Life; You are my Everything"

(Mithra's POV)

"Aw! My darling man is sleeping." I smile seeing my Karthik sleeping peacefully with a small smile curved on his lips. I rarely get the chance to admire his beauty while he's asleep because I generally sleep early & wake up late so unlike Karthik. He is an early riser and probably that keeps him active & energetic all day and I also suspect that's the secret of his fitness. But today he is still asleep, maybe jet lag.

I sit beside him on the bed & comb his hair gently with my fingers brushing the floppy hair off his forehead. Then I lean forward to place a tender kiss on his lips. As soon as my lips touch his skin he makes an appreciative sound and snuggles closer to me. I push myself little back to see whether he is up but he is not.

He still has his eyes closed but his smile deepened. I couldn't help but poke my index finger on his cute dimple. I hook both of my index fingers on either side of his dimpled cheek & start kissing his forehead, nose tip, lips & when I try to pull apart he captures my lips. He is awake! He is kissing me back. I feel his hands skimming to the side of my waist & he jerks me forward & I fall on top of his torso, minding not to squash my broken hand.

"Good morning, beautiful" I feel his kiss on top of my head. I lift my head up off his chest & look at his sleepy eyes.

"What were you doing when I was sleeping?" he asks, grinning.

"I think you should know already as you weren't sleeping."

"I was. Your kiss woke me up" he says as his hands gently squeeze the sides of my hip.

"Karthik, leave me" I wriggle but he grips me tight, holding me in place.

"Morning morning you start and then you ask me to leave you?" He teases but I can see raw passion dancing in his eyes & my cheeks start heating up.

"I thought you were asleep..." I tell looking away.

"Okay, let me pretend I am sleeping & you finish with what you started a moment back" He tells & closes his eyes.

"I didn't start anything. I just came to kiss you before I leave to college. I am done so going now. Bye" I tell & was about to stand up but he stops me by holding my uninjured hand.

"Hey, wait!"

"What?"

"How is your hand?" He asks in concern sitting up on the bed.

"It's fine." I smile in assurance.

"Sit here" he orders. I oblige. He steps out of the bed & kneels in front of me studying me closely. He holds my head between his hands & skates his hands down to my cheeks, my neck, my shoulders, my arms, finding for any sign of serious injury. Then his hands slip down to my thighs, my knees, my calves & finally his hands grip my ankles.

"You are perfectly fine right?" He asks still holding my feet. "You aren't hiding anything from me, are you?"

"Didn't you just check for yourself that I don't have any major injury? And to your second question, no, I am not hiding anything from and I won't do it ever"

"Yeah, okay" He says with a head nod. He gazes my bandaged hand & then with the tip of his finger he starts circling over the bandage.

"How many stitches?" He asks.