Epilogue!!!

EPILOGUE

"Difficult Roads Often Leads To Beautiful Destinations"

(5 years later)

Mithra rushes to open the door from the kitchen hearing the constant door bell ringing sound.

She yanks the door open & the next moment her little girl jumps in to her arms from her grandmother's arms.

"Ruhi! Careful" she chides her daughter as she clutched her securely in her arms before settling her on her hip.

"Aunty, come in." She invites her mom-in-law, Radha into her house.

"Nah, Beta. Your mom & I have planned to go to temple this evening, so I have to get back home soon. I just came to drop Ruhi here."

Everyday Ruhi goes to her grandparents' place after school as both Karthik & Mithra will be in office by then and no one will be at home to take care of her so they let her stay with her grandparents & by evening they will come to drop Ruhi or Karthik & Mithra will go there to collect her after their work.

"Bye, Ruhi darling!" Radha says kissing Ruhi's chubby cheek.

"Bye, Dadi!" Ruhi kisses her back. Mithra shuts the door once her mom in law left & takes Ruhi to the bedroom to remove her school uniform.

"Momma, I missed you. I don't want to go to school!" Ruhi says to her momma, circling her arms tightly around her neck.

"I missed you too, baby, but you have to go to school."

"I don't like school."

"Why?"

"Miss. Stella always scolds me." Ruhi says with a pretty pout.

"Why does she always scold you?" Mithra asks in concern.

"She accuses that Ruhanika is always fighting with boys" Ruhi sighs, shaking her head, dramatically.

"Why do you always fight with boys?" Mithra asks frowning.

"They always bully my friends Rachel & Ria so I fight with them asking them to stop bullying my friends." Ruhi says with a casual shrug.

"Ruhi, how many times I have told you not to pick fight with other kids?" Mithra admonished her daughter. Though she knew her daughter did the right thing she didn't want her to get into unnecessary trouble and get hurt.

"Momma, they did wrong and I didn't like it!" Ruhi explains to her mother with her hands on her hip.

Ruhanika can't tolerate liars. She can't stand injustice. She is very honest and outspoken. She wants everything to be neat, clean & perfect. She is very mature for her age which surprises her parents to the core, especially Mithra because she still behaves like a baby.

"You had your snacks?" Mithra asks to change the topic as she knows only her husband can make their righteous daughter understand things.

"Dadi gave me fruits & chocolate..."

"Okay"

"...But I am hungry, Momma." She says & sticks her tongue out. Mithra giggle at her little girl's antics.

"What you wanna eat, my baby?"

"Noodles!"

"Okay, sweety, I will make yummy noodles for you but before that Momma will run you a bath." Mithra says & picking up her daughter in her arms she walks to the bathroom.

~~0~~

"Momma, give your phone, I will play games." Ruhi asks her momma as she sits on the kitchen counter while Mithra chops vegetables.