43. Bliss Amiss!

Part - 43

"I Wish Life Was Like A Baby's Shampoo With The 'NO MORE TEARS' Slogan"

(Karthik's POV)

(3 YEARS LATER)

"Hey, beautiful" I whisper the moment I lift my sleepy head off of Mithra's chest & meet her shinning eyes. She is smiling sweetly at me as her fingers lovingly comb my messy hair.

"I love you" she whispers & leaning her head up a little she kisses my lips softly.

"Ahaan! What a gratifying words to hear from one's wife that too early in the morning" I tell, teasing her. she giggles like a school girl.

"Sleep, okay?" I ask Mithra.

"Yep!"

"How many times you woke up last night?"

"He kept me up most of the night & when he finally showed some mercy on me and let me sleep; my crazy husband didn't let me sleep." She says trying & failing to act pissed. "You kept me awake till early morning with your shenanigans. I didn't get any sleep at all" she pouts cutely.

"You know... It's really hard to keep my hands off my wife whenever she lies beside me all sexy & alluring wearing her short night gown... So I lost my control" I say & run my fingers up her thighs. "Karthik! No!" she holds my hand & stops me. I sigh.

"Well, now you can sleep, baby." I tell grinning.

"I wish I could but he must be up. I will go feed him." She pushes me gently & tries to get up.

"I fed him only an hour ago & he is sleeping peacefully now so don't disturb him" I say & press Mithra down the bed imprisoning her with my hands.

"Roshan is such a sweet boy nah?" Mithra asks. I nod smilingly. "Sanjeev & Deepa are lucky to have him as their son"

Roshan Kapoor is Sanjeev's two years old son.

Deepa is unwell & admitted in hospital for two days so Sanjeev asked us to take care of their son as he can't keep the baby with him in the hospital.

It's easy to handle Roshan at day times as he mostly plays with his toy car & Mithra & I just watch over him but at night times, it's a great deal to handle him. He cries for his sleep but the naughty boy doesn't sleep or let us sleep. He cries feeling hungry but doesn't eat. Oh and In spite of being empty stomach he manages to poop twice or thrice a day. Nasty boy!

He always asks for his mommy and cry. Thanks heaven, Deepa will be discharging from hospital this evening & she will be taking him back home as she missed him badly.

"Yes, they are lucky"

"But we are not" she says, sorrowfully.

"We will be too, one day" I reassure her and she smiles sadly, almost not believing my words.

Mithra had polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) & hormonal imbalance but necessary treatments were taken years back but still she couldn't conceive.

"Are you happy?" she asks me.

"Of course I am because I have you in my life" I kiss her lips tenderly.

"But without a kid?"

"We will surely be blessed with a kid one day... till then I love keeping you exclusively to myself."

"You are very possessive."

"So are you" I run my nose down hers.

"Shall we take a short holiday trip?" I ask to distract her. She is so low & depressed lately.