Roan Black - Three

Chapter Three

Audrey rolled to the side, her eyes peeking open just slightly. It was the first time in the past two month's that she'd had such a restful sleep. A smile claimed her lips as she sat up and got out of bed. She dressed quickly, just throwing on a pair of jeans and a t-shirt. She didn't feel the need to impress anyone so put her hair up in a messy bun, before leaving her room and going downstairs to put a pot of coffee on. It was hard for Audrey to function without coffee two, three even four time's a day. It was something that Karla had argued with her about numerous times over the years. The sudden thought of her friend, had Audrey's eyes widening when she realized she never called Karla to let her know that she'd made it and was safe. She looked around for her phone, frowning when she couldn't find it. "Where did I put it?" She muttered to herself before stopping to remember the last place she'd seen it. Groaning, she realized she left it in the car.

Moving to the wall where she'd hung her truck key's, she snatched them off the hook and slipped her shoes on before walking to her truck. Clicking the unlock button, she opened and sighed in relief when she saw her phone sitting there right in the cup holder. She grabbed it, immediately pushing the button for it to reveal the pattern lock, but when it didn't light up she frowned then held the button down. It lit up for just a moment, before shutting down just as quickly. "Damn it!" Audrey growled, closing her eyes. It was bad enough that she'd forgotten to call Karla, now her phone was dead and that meant it would take even longer for her to be able to call. She wouldn't be surprised if a team of SWAT showed up at her door. Sighing, she laid her head on the seat and stood there for a moment.

Drake had been the first to see their new neighbor. They'd been out all night, hunting and trying to figure out where the rogue they were hunting had disappeared too. They'd just walked up when Drake saw the female leaning in her truck, then heard her irritated curse. Roan had heard it too, turning he found himself staring at the long legs, then the rounded bottom of who he assumed was their new neighbor. "Can we say hi to her now?" Roan heard Drake ask from behind him, but didn't wait for permission.

Roan tried to call his impulsive brother back but growled in frustration when his brother simply shot him a grin and kept going. Roan looked at the front door, sleep calling his name and sighed. He followed his brother, he was curious about their neighbor anyways. He just would have rather had some sleep first. Roan stopped when he was next to his brother, his eyes scanning over the long legs and rounded bottom that was presently sticking towards them. Roan nearly cursed when his brother not to subtly shouted.

"Hey, new neighbor!" Drake was grinning but instantly felt bad when the female screamed in fear and spun around. He was even sorrier when her eyes widened as she looked at both him and his brother. "Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you. I'm Drake Black and this is my brother Roan."

Audrey was sure her heart was about to beat out of her chest. She hadn't even bothered to see if she had neighbors. She looked at both the men, noticing that they were both tall, well toned and both were intimidating. If she didn't know any better she'd say these guys were in a gang or maybe even a biker club with their hard looks. The one who'd introduced himself as Drake was the only reason she didn't run screaming. He looked hard, intimidating and just a tad less scary than his brother, but the way he spoke made her calm. He seemed excited at the idea of having a new neighbor.

Roan frowned, humans. All of them were skittish. His eyes moved over the rest of the female, his breath nearly leaving him when he looked into her big green eyes. Though they were wide with fear, they had to be the most beautiful shade of green he'd ever seen.

"Oh, I see. I hadn't realized I had neighbor's, but then I've been so preoccupied. I'm Audrey Jones, it's nice to meet the both of you." Audrey forced a smile. She was still cautious.