Roan Black - Twenty-five

Chapter Twenty-five

Audrey couldn't stop herself from expressing her fear. Raven looked like a monster with his long canines and his human face. It was something out of a horror movie, she was sure. She struggled against her restrained hands and ankles, but got no where. She could feel Raven's breath, could feel the canines scrapping along her neck; But was helpless to day anything to stop it. The only thoughts running through her head was would Roan hate her? Would she even survive this? The questions flew to the back of her mind when she felt an overwhelming pain in her neck. The pain soon felt as if her neck had been set ablaze.

Roan rushed forward, pulling Raven away. He squared off, standing between Raven and Audrey. He wanted badly to look back, to make sure Audrey was alright, to see if she was still alive, but he couldn't. "You should have allowed me to explain!" Roan screamed, "I was helpless..." He admitted finally, "I couldn't save her. I had been pinned. I watched as your uncle killed her..." Roan took his sword from it's sheath and gripped it tightly. "Now, for all that you've done to innocent people you'll die." Roan didn't give Raven a chance to reply or to shift as he lunged forward, his blade slicing with a whistle through the air.

Roan wasn't overly surprised when his sword hit rock, causing a brief spark from the friction. "You continue to fight, yet you know how this will end.."

"Maybe it will finally end, but it doesn't mean I have to make it easy for you. Besides, I have to see if Audrey will survive. I have to see if everything I've done was for nothing." Raven said, remorse light in his voice.

Roan struck again, this time clipping Raven's shoulder. The cut deep and bleeding freely. A couple more slashes with his blade, Roan found his nose filling with the scent of blood. "You aren't even going to fight back?" He asked, at this point not caring if he did or not. Roan's body felt as if it was electrocuted when Audrey's scream rang through the cave. Chancing a peek he looked to Audrey who was arched like a bow off the table. Her eyes were shut tightly and her mouth was opened as she screamed over and over. He was running out of time.

Roan looked back to find Raven also staring at Audrey and took the chance to end it now. With a quick movement Roan thrust his sword into Raven's chest. Trying to ignore the slight pain he felt in his chest. "You were my best friend Roan... I didn't know, I wasn't thinking past what I saw that night..." Raven's voice was a mere whisper in Roan's ear, but Roan kept quiet and listened. "She was my everything.. Maybe- maybe she'll forgive me for what I've done and when I see her again she'll welcome me with open arms... Do you think she will be waiting for me?"

Roan closed his eyes tightly, "I think she will Raven. My sister was always a forgiving woman, though I hope she gives you hell for a while." Roan opened his eyes just as Raven's lost the light in them. Roan had no time to feel anything more as he turned and ran to Audrey. He unstrapped her, but realized he should have left her restrained when her nails instantly started scratching at her neck where Raven's bite was. Roan quickly grabbed hold of her wrists and pulled her hands away before she could cause real damage to herself. "Audrey! Baby, listen to me. You're changing. I-" Audrey began screaming again, her body arching upwards. "God, I'm so sorry Audrey. I'm so sorry had to be this way..." Roan felt his canines grow long, readjusted his hold on Audrey's wrists so that they were both in his left hand and used his right hand to tilt Audrey's face away, positioning her so that her neck was bared. "You're my mate Audrey, my other half. I just hope that, that will count for something and you'll forgive me." Roan didn't speak any more, he waited until the pain hit her once again before sinking his fangs into her delicate neck. He would drain half her blood, then he would provide her with half of his.

Not only would this ensure their bond together, but he prayed it would over power the wolf bite. In theory, she would come out with which ever mark her body accepted. Roan could only hope that even though he'd caused this whole mess her body and soul still accepted him..

*
*
Sorry. I meant to have this up at 5, but it wouldn't let me post or do anything until now, hopefully this time it works.