Roan Black - Thirty-six

Chapter Thirty-six

While Tessa was showing Audrey around the house, he had informed his mother of all that had happened. Drake sat on the side lines, rubbing his mothers back comfortingly.

"We have to hunt him down, destroy him before he tries to hurt someone else." Ziva said, her voice a hushed whisper of agony and anger.

When Roan looked into his mothers eyes, he recognized the glitter he saw and knew that he wouldn't be able to do anything other than what she wanted. She was a head strong woman, fierce and protective. Now, that Vale had made an appearance after fifty years of hiding, Roan knew it was time to find and end this all. "I can't leave Audrey yet, but we'll search for him. He didn't make try to hide his scent so I assume he wanted me to know he was still around."

Drake couldn't keep quite any longer, he broke away from his mothers side, his mind running through his own plans. "I'll go back. I can at least track him down."

Roan turned sharp eyes to his brother, "no!" He all but roared the denial, standing to square off with his brother who stood at nearly the same height as himself. "You will not go looking for him."

Drake glared, not the least intimidated by his brother. "Lily wasn't only your sister Roan! She was mine too and Tessa's. I'm going whether you like it or not." Drake didn't give his brother a chance to argue further, but turned and strolled stiffly from the room.

Roan took a deep breath, reclaiming his seat. Drake had always been the calm, collected, goofy brother. Even after the death of Lily he had hid his pain behind a cocky smile, but Roan knew better. He knew Drake was hurting just as they all were. Roan just didn't want his brother to be put in danger, the thought of losing another sibiling to this beast had his nerves frazzled. Roan turned to his mother when he felt her small hand touch his arm. Her eyes were understanding, but determined.

"I don't like this any more than you do Roan, but you said it yourself. You can't leave Audrey, not yet, not after you've just mated." Ziva ignored the light dusting of color that spread along her son's cheeks. "Drake, needs to do this not just for Lily, but for himself. He's been so miserable. Though we haven't meant to, we've taken advantage of his fake facade and he's felt the need to keep it up to help us. Let him go."

Roan jaw tightened as he thought about it, not being able to deny or argue with what his mother had said. They had taken advantage of Drakes fake happiness, using it to boost themselves up from the pits of darkness that threatened to consume them. Or at least, Roan had. He felt like the lowest of brothers knowing he did that, forcing Drake to not mourn his own sister. "You're right. I'll talk to him about it later, he can leave as soon as he's ready."

Ziva patted Roan's arms just as Audrey and Tessa entered the kitchen. "You have a very beautiful home." Audrey gushed, she'd never saw a house as beautiful as this one.

"Thank you dear." Ziva smiled, rising from her seat. "Roan, take your mate home. I'm sure you two have much to do. A wedding must be planned, a ceremony to inform the others of your new status." Ziva watched Audrey's eyes widened and felt a tad bad that she'd rushed Roan's plans of marriage, but she had no doubt of Audrey's answer or the love the girl had for her son. "Good night dears."

Roan grabbed Audrey's hands, giving her a crooked smile when she looked up at him with utter confusion and found her to look completely adorable. "My mother ruined my plans, but all the same. Audrey, even though it's been hectic since we met, I've never been happier. I've never felt more complete or content and I want to feel that way forever, with you by my side. Will my marry me Audrey?"

Audrey didn't even have to think and would have shouted yes the moment she knew where this was going, but she wanted to hear what he had to say. Smiling brightly, going to her tippy toes she landed a solid kiss and pulled away to give him her answer. "Of course I will Roan, but then I'm sure my answer was obvious."

Roan grinned like an idiot, throwing his arm around Audrey and leading her out of the kitchen, towards the front door. "No, not really. I had hoped you'd say yes, but hearing you actually say it." He breathed, "it's so much more satisfying. Now my beautiful mate and fiance, let's get you to our home so I can ravish you."

Audrey leaned heavily into her mans side, "ohhh, I like the sound of that."

The both walked out the door, knowing that tomorrow would be another hard day that brought challenges and obstacles, but for tonight they would forget and enjoy each other. They had the rest of forever together, this was just the beginning.

🔹

🔹

The End...

Drake Black's first chapter will be published soon!!!