Roan Black - Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen

Her mind was in chaos. One moment she and Roan were having a great time and then suddenly he was acting unusual. He was still his sweet, considerate self, but Audrey could tell that his mind was elsewhere at times, but he refused to tell her what it was. How can you be in a relationship with someone who kept apart of them self from you? She'd wondered over that the entire night, even as Roan slept beside her, hugging her from behind. She loved having him so close, but while he was close enough to touch physically, he seemed so far away emotionally. Audrey snuck out of the room, sighing. She'd figure this out, just like she did everything else, but first she had to fill her growling stomach. Before Audrey had a chance to open the fridge, she heard a sudden knock at the front door. Her heart skipped a beat at the fright she got, but she dashed out of the kitchen and across the living room quickly, hoping to find Drake on the other side of the door. He hadn't returned last night, and he hadn't called either. She pulled the door open and the smile instantly fell as she realized this definitely wasn't Drake. Frowning she tilted her head as she took in the petite woman standing on the porch. She was gorgeous with her long, slightly wavey brunette hair, her bright blue eyes and the warm smile she had on her face. She looked familiar, yet Audrey would surely recall such a beautiful woman. "Can I help you?"

"Audrey? My name's Tessa, I'm Drake and Roan's sister." Tessa said, walking forward to hug Audrey.

More than surprised, Audrey simply stood there. Audrey barely recalled Roan calling Tessa last night. "Oh! So sorry, I didn't know. Come in, come in!" Audrey moved out of the way so that Tessa could move into the cabin without being crowded.

"Where is my brother's?" Tessa asked, looking around.

"Roan's in the bedroom, still asleep and Drake... We aren't sure where he is. He never came home last night and he hasn't answered any of Roan's call's or called him back. Roan was very worried about him last night." Audrey admitted sadly. She looked to the younger woman's face and noticed that Tessa had gone stiff. "I was just about to cook some breakfast. Do you want any?" Audrey asked as she moved back into the kitchen and pulled the fridge open. She froze when she saw the numerous blood bags stacked and lining the fridge door. What the hell?

"No, thank you. I just really want to talk to my brother." Audrey jumped as she heard Tessa's voice and slammed the fridge door shut. What the hell was that? Why so many? She asked herself, then whirled around to find Tessa standing directly behind her, frowning slightly. "Y-your brother's in his room. I'm sure he wouldn't mind if you went in. He is expecting you after all.." The sudden urge to leave was almost indescribable. She couldn't understand or comprehend why there was so much blood in Roan's fridge and suddenly her mind was trying to make reasons. He must have it in there for Drake. Maybe Drake had some sort of disorder where he needed it and maybe that was why Roan was so worried about him? Nodding slowly, Audrey assured herself that that had to be the case or there had to be a perfectly good explanation for it.

"Are you okay Audrey?" Tessa asked, having overheard all of Audrey's distressing thoughts. She would have to speak to Roan since it was obvious now that he hadn't told Audrey about them. He would have to do it soon, or he would lose his one chance at happiness.

Audrey nodded much too quickly to be convincing. "Yes, yes. I'm fine. I- eh, I just remembered that I had something to do next door. I'll be back later, okay?" Audrey didn't bother waiting for Tessa to reply, but moved past her and out the door. She just needed some time to accept what she'd seen, then when she'd calmed down she'd return to demand answers from Roan.