Roan Black - Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen

Tessa watched as Audrey fled the house and sighed. Her brother had much to explain. Moving to room she didn't both knocking, but walked right in. Roan was sleeping on his back, his mouth slightly opened, with a slight amount of drool sliding down his jaw. Tessa scrunched her nose and gave him a good smack on the chest and moved backwards a step, watching as her brother jerked to light, eye's wide and ready to attack. "Calm down, it's just me."

Roan took a moment to comprehend that not only was his sister standing in his room, but that Audrey wasn't in bed with him. He looked around, not even seeing her in the room and frowned. "Where did Audrey go?" The words came out slightly slurred, his brain still a cloud of fog due to lack of sleep.

"She fled when she found the bags of blood you kept in the fridge. Seriously Roan, bringing a mortal into your home and not explaining who and what you are?" Tessa shook her head in disappointment. Her brother wasn't a careless person, but this was and truly stupid on his part. "What were you thinking?"

Roan tensed, his hand freezing on his face. "Fled? What? When?" Roan cursed himself. He should have known to move the blood, but he hadn't been able to put it anywhere else.

"Calm down, as of right now she is thinking that Drake has some sort of disorder where he is in need of the blood. She also assumes that, that is the reason you were so worried about Drake's lack of calls and the fact that he didn't come home. Roan, what's going on and where is Drake?"

Roan groaned, getting out of the bed. Spiraling is what this felt like. Audrey ran away, Drake was missing and Tessa, his little sister was demanding answers that he didn't have. "I don't know where Drake is. He went to find clues to where Raven would possibly be. I told him not to do anything stupid and to just observe, he was supposed to call every two hours.. He never called, his phone is now off and I have no clue where he is." Roan went to the fridge and grabbed one of the bags out before popping it to his mouth. His body instantly felt bed as he ingested the blood.

Tessa watched Roan with curious eyes. "You should feed more. You're pushing yourself and you'll only hurt yourself doing that." Sighing, she tried to think of what to do. "So, why was I called? Am I here to help you search for Drake?"

Roan shook his head. "No, I sent Drake out there and I will find him. I need you to stay and watch over Audrey. She's a target by Raven."

Tessa frowned, "what do you mean?"

"I'll start at the beginning so that you know what's going on. Just take a seat and let me explain." Roan, watched his sister take a seat and he began his explanation of everything that had happened over the last few months. The women he'd failed to save, the fact that it appeared that Raven was stalking Audrey well before they'd met up till now. "So now you know. I can't leave her unprotected Tessa.. If he gets her as well..." Roan trailed off, not wanting to imagine it.

Tessa nodded, her brows drawn together in thought. "Okay, so you go search for our brother and I will be sure to keep Audrey safe while you're gone, but Roan- don't come back without Drake.." It wasn't an order so much as begging. She loved her brothers dearly and would do anything for them. The thought that something horrible could have happened to Drake left her feeling helpless. She now wasn't surprised that Roan had called her instead of their parents. Neither her mother or father would have sat calmly while Roan did his thing.

Roan nodded solemnly. He didn't plan to come back without Drake, but first he had to see Audrey. He had to figure out what to tell her. "I'll go explain to Audrey that I have a client that needs me."

Tessa watched Roan walk to the door and called out, "you should tell her soon Roan. I fear that the longer you hold of on telling her, the more she will feel that you've lied when you finally do reveal the truth."

Roan nodded, knowing that his sister spoke the truth. He had to tell her soon and he promised himself that as soon as he returned with Drake that he would sit her down and tell her everything. He walked out the door and over to Audrey's cabin, he knocked and then knocked again. His stomach rolling at the thought that she wouldn't answer. When he heard the footsteps inside he sighed with relief and smiled when Audrey opened the door. "Hey babe. I have to leave for a few days, I wanted to come see you before I left."

Audrey's eyes widened at the announcement. "For what?"

"A client needs help with a building and I told him I'd be right out. I should be back in a few days though. Can you keep my sister company while I'm gone? I feel bad for calling her out and then leaving." Roan hated lying. He hated it and each lie he told felt like acid on his tongue.

Audrey nodded, smiling slightly. "Sure. I'd love to get to know her better." She paused for a moment, then asked the question that had caused her to leave Roan's cabin. "Roan, what is all the blood for?"

Roan felt his heart drop at the question, but forced a smile. "I promise to explain all that when I get back, but I have a long drive ahead of me and I really have to go. I promise, I'll call."

Audrey swallowed, she would have to trust that he'd tell her when he returned. "Alright-" she wasn't able to say anything further when Roan suddenly drew her into his arms and his mouth covered hers. Any worries or thoughts she had disappeared when he trust his tongue into her mouth, wrapping her arms around his neck she gave in completely.

Before the kiss could turn to anything further, Roan released Audrey slowly. They both panted lightly for oxygen and Roan smiled. "I'll miss you." He whispered against her hair line, hugging her close.

"I'll miss you too, but it will only be a few days.. You'll be back before we know it." Audrey smiled, leaning back slightly, receiving a peck before she was completely released.

"I'll call when I've arrived." Roan walked down the steps and towards his truck. He paused to wave at Audrey before sliding into his truck. He looked to his sister who came out of the cabin to stand on the porch. Nodding to her, he was relieved to see her nod back with understanding. He'd find his brother, and tell Audrey everything. Then he'd find Raven and end this once and for all.