Roan Black - Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

Audrey woke slowly, her mind hazy. She blinked a few times trying to remember what had happened when something tightened against her waist, it was then that she felt heat radiating from something behind her. Turning her head, she saw Roan, his eyes closed and his face peaceful. All the memories of what they'd shared came flooding back and she couldn't stop the blush from overtaking her face. She'd never been so out of control. She was a mess and now that she realized all that she did, she felt slightly- okay she felt highly embarrassed. Slowly and as quietly as she could she lifted the covers away and instantly shivered as the cool air hit her heated skin.

"Are you okay?" Audrey froze as she heard Roan's husky voice, her body immediately reacting to his voice.

"Yes." She whispered, for some reason not wanting to break the peacefulness that had surrounded them. "I was just going to get dressed. I need to run over to my place and have a shower.." It wasn't a lie and she didn't regret what had happened. She wanted it more then she could understand and that was what confused her. It was like without Roan she couldn't breath correctly.

Roan was instantly awake when he heard that, sitting up he reached for her. "Don't leave me. I'll freeze." He said playfully, it was only a partial lie. He really did feel cold when she wasn't near him.

Audrey watched as the blanket pooled at his waist, revealing his well sculpted chest and abs. Swallowing thickly, she looked away. "I'll come back if you want, but I really need to go for a bit. I need to clean..." It wasn't a lie. She imagined the mess in her living room and then her bedroom. She needed to call a company to replace her window and hopefully before snow came. She sighed thinking about it and felt arms wrap around her from behind.

"What's on your mind? Are you regretting what happened between us?" Audrey heart ached at the vulnerability she heard in his voice and laid back against him.

"Of course not. I wouldn't have slept with ou if I felt I would regret it. It was....amazing- perfect. I can't even explain it. But I have to be honest. There's something about you that I find so hard to resist. There are so many things that it's hard to figure out which is the reason." She said it teasingly, but she was serious.

Roan smiled against the curve of her shoulder. Relaxing. He worried that the mating would overwhelm her and he was right, it had, but thankfully not enough to send her completely running. "Audrey, no matter how you feel right now trust me when I say I feel the same. Let me come over and while you take a shower I'll clean up."

Audrey shook her head, "I couldn't let you do that Roan. You've already helped by letting me stay the night."

Roan chuckled, kissing her naked shoulder. "I did it because I care. I don't want you staying over there just yet. Stay with me for a couple days, at least until the window is properly fixed."

Audrey smiled at the offer, suddenly feeling giddy. Her emotions had her feeling like she was bi-polar. She sighed dramatically, tilting her head as she pretended to think about it. "Okay, just until my window is fixed. I couldn't impose longer then that. I wouldn't want to interrupt your time with Dra-" She cut off only just now remembering Roan's brother. "Oh my god! Your brother.... He was here, wasn't he? When we- when we were...." She just couldn't get it out, embarrassment had turned to humiliation at the thought of Drake overhearing them. She hadn't exactly been quiet and neither had Roan.

Roan chuckled at her shyness. "My brother was most likely smart to leave the house for a while. And even if he hadn't he's heard how life ma-" Roan coughed, "couples are..." He corrected quickly.

Audrey frowned, what had he been about to say? She wondered then realized what he'd said. Couples... "Are we a couple Roan?" She blurted, then blushed when Roan caught her face, leaning around her so he was looking at her.

"I want to be, but I don't want to rush you into anything. You're special and I don't want to let that go." Roan suddenly felt unschooled. He'd wooed several women, but none had been his life mate and none of them had been Audrey. None of them would ever compare to her. "Audrey, would you be my girlfriend?" Life mate... was on the tip of his tongue, but he had to remind himself that she was mortal. She wouldn't understand, but with time he would tell her.

Audrey's eyes widened, a slow smile claiming her lips. Excitement and happiness bloomed and she leaned forward to kiss Roan's lips lightly, "yes..."

Roan grinned, lacing his fingers through Audrey's silky hair, pulling her closer and deepening the kiss. He loved tasting her. It was an indescribable taste sweet, womanly, tangy. He loved it and he loved her. Breaking the kiss slowly, Roan looked into her eyes and smiled. "Let's go get your place cleaned up. Quicker we do that, the quicker I have you all to myself."

*
*
Thankfully I had this chapter wrote. It isn't as long as I wanted and I apologize, but I wanted to keep the schedule of updating Mondays and Fridays so here is what I got.

Something is going on with my eye and omg the pain. It isn't a sty or a pink eye, but I have a eye doctor appointment this afternoon to hopefully figure out for sure what's going on.

I just know that it hurts and it is causing a major migraine because of the pressure.