Roan Black - Twenty-seven

Chapter Twenty-seven

Audrey was in darkness. It didn't matter which way she turned, she only saw darkness. It was terrifying. She couldn't open her eyes, lift her hands, her whole body felt heavy. Where was she? Was she still in Raven's cave? What had happened to Roan? Oh the questions that always went unanswered.

Audrey could hear the low murmur of voices, but she couldn't make out who's they were or if they were even female or male. She struggled harder to at least open her eyes, but everything went black once again.

"She'll wake up, won't she?" Roan whispered the question to his sister, who had her hand on his shoulder. He hated being so weak, but the thought of never seeing Audrey's beautiful eyes or hearing her soothing voice again did something terrible to him. It left him feeling empty. It's how he's felt since she's been out of it and the longer she was out of it the worse it became.

"Of course she will Roan. It take's time." Tessa assured, secretly praying she was right. She'd never saw a turning before and after everything Roan had explained to her and Drake about what happened; She'd never saw a human be bitten by not only a werewolf, but by a vampire as well.

Roan reached out and grabbed Audrey's hand, he brought it to his lips and kissed her fingers. "You should go to sleep. I'll let you guys know if anything changes."

"You should rest too." Tessa said sadly. She was tempted to call her parents so that they could help her and Drake with Roan, but knew that if she did Roan would be furious.

"I will. Don't worry about me." Roan turned and smiled lightly at his sister.

Tessa sighed heavily, turning and leaving the room. She closed the door silently and looked to Drake, shaking her head when he raised his brows in question. They could only hope that Audrey woke soon, or else there would be nothing left of Roan.

Roan climbed into bed next to Audrey, snuggling into her side. "Please wake up. I need you with me, I've never felt so alone, so lost.. Without you it's like there isn't a reason to live. I know you may resent me when you wake, but I would rather have you alive, moving around and hating me rather than dead." Roan buried his face into Audrey's neck, taking in her scent. When he was a bit calmer he moved away, leaning on his elbow so that he could look down at his mates face, his eyes stinging with emotion.

"You know, before you I was all business. I was always in control of my emotions and actions. I'm sure I was more robot than anything else, but then you came into my life and everything seemed to be out of my control." Roan shook his head, playing with her hair lightly. "You are really everything to me now Audrey." Roan laid his head back down, closing his eyes as he kept close to Audrey without actually touching her.

"I love you Audrey..."

*

*

Sorry it was such a short chapter, but my head is killing me and this seemed like a good place to stop for now.

Promise to update again soon!!!