25

Chapter 26

(Harry’s Point of View)

I wasn’t really sure what to say, I just looked down and the room got silent.

One of the management guys sighed, “Harry, can you please tell me the truth?”

I looked up and saw he wasn’t being rude or condescending – he actually looked worried.

I just gave him a small nod; Louis put his hand on my shoulder for support I guess; and the man nodded to me, “well, gentlemen. We are going to take Harry into the other room for a minute; we will be back” he finished speaking and looked at me, signaling me to follow them.

I walked into another room in the studio with them; this one was sound proof so I knew no one could hear us.

“We should probably introduce ourselves,” the previous man said, “Im Mr. Anderson, this is Mr. Ricardo, and Mr. Tyler.”

I said hello and shook all their hands, then Mr. Tyler said to me, “so what’s going on?”

“What exactly do you mean by that?” I said, not wanting to put my foot in my mouth.

“Well you see Mr. Styles, we want to do all we can to protect you, the other boys, and the band itself. And if in fact you are in a relationship with a married woman, that would not be good publicity for you, or for any of the band members.”

I nodded, “and if I am, what does that mean?”

Mr. Tyler looked at Mr. Anderson and he sighed, “well there are a few options”

I nodded, “and they would be?”

Mr. Anderson leaned forward so his elbows were resting on his knees, “well one of them would be trying to keep it quiet – as long as the promise was that it was serious and that eventually it is something that could be public… but keeping it quiet – with you being Harry Styles could be quite difficult”

“And the other option?”

“The other option is obviously, calling it off and cutting it loose. If whatever relationship you have going on here if causing problems in the media and there is no telling if its possible to go public or not, then we would have to take measures to make it stop.” He looked at me, but it was a look that said, ‘we really don’t want to have to do that’

I sighed, “what if we are just friends?”

Mr. Anderson turned to the two other men, and shrugged, “then it shall be harmless. As long as the media aren’t making up stories because they have no reason to, then its fine”

“So as long as we act, look, and say that we are friends – there is no harm to what is going on?”

He nodded, “but the minute the media starts making accusations of affairs, and such, then its time to make the decision between the two options that were given to you. Do you understand Mr. Styles?”

I nodded, “I understand”

They just chatted about a few more things before I walked out of the room, “Mr. Horan can we have that chat now?” Mr. Anderson said to Niall, he nodded and got up to go into the room I was in before.

“What happened in there?” Louis asked as the other guys and Paul crowded around me sitting down.

“Well, they definitely know what’s going on; but they were smart about it and never once said it out loud. They said as long as there are no media accusations I shouldn’t have to worry”