43

Ella’s POV

As I watched my parents leave the room my heart began beating at it’s normal rate again. When Ed had told me they were here I was completely shocked… They hadn’t spoken to me in almost a year and they showed up the minute I lost a competition. Typical, honestly it makes so much sense why they were here now and it had nothing to do with the fact that I was attacked in a dance studio and ended up in the hospital. It was because I had – yet again – failed them in some way.

“Ella?”

I turned my head to look into Harry’s green eyes; there was so much comfort in them that I almost forgot what I was daydreaming about before.

“Are you okay?”

I nodded hesitantly, but I wasn’t exactly lying. The fact that Harry was here did make me feel a little more stable in this weird and crazy situation. Within ten minutes, my parents had found out that I had been unconscious for a day, missed the probably most important competition of my life, I was getting a divorce and I was with someone else already who wasn’t Jack. But having Harry there, defending me and standing up for us and our relationship… I didn’t care what they thought. All I cared about in this moment was the fact that this man was here not giving a care about his reputation right now, just to hold my hand and make sure I was okay.

I nodded, “I’m fine… thank you so much Harry.”

He grinned at me and sighed, “you are never going to listen are you?”

I went to speak again but then I stopped realizing what he meant; I held up my pinky to promise him I would stop speaking and he laughed connecting his with mine.

“That was…” Taylor began.

“Awkward. Uncomfortable and annoying as always,” Ed said grabbing the bridge of his nose and sighing heavily.

“So they’re always like that?” Harry asked looking at Ed but rubbing my hand softly.

“Yeah, that’s our parents…” he said kind of looking down; after a minute of silence or so he looked up again, “Harry I’m sorry Henry came after you like that.. I-,”

Harry held up his hand, “I’ve met them before Ed; I already know what its like remember.”

I scrunched my face in confusion – I had never told Harry anything specific about my parents before. How did he-

“Ella,” Harry said to me smiling; I turned my head.

“Ella Ed and I have been friends for a long time remember?”

I nodded feeling stupid and kind of laughing at myself; that’s how he knew about my parents. Harry laughed and leaned over to kiss my cheek and it made me blush.

“Anyways, I’m sorry,” Ed said looking at him again.

“It’s really okay Ed,” Harry said smiling at him and back to me, “as long as I’ve got Ella, I don’t really care.”

I grinned widely at his compliment; he kissed my cheek again and I pulled back to lay my head on his shoulder. I noticed Taylor was being very quiet, so I looked at her and mouthed ‘are you okay?’

She didn’t say anything she just kind of looked down and that worried me a little.

I moved my head off of Harry’s shoulder and moved so I could whisper in his ear. Whispering didn’t hurt me so I figured I was not breaking my promise.

“Can you give me and Taylor a minute? Something is wrong…”

“You can’t talk babe,” Harry said whispering back to me.

“I’ll be careful, or whisper or text or something but I need to find out what’s wrong.”

Harry looked into my eyes for a second before nodding. He kissed me softly and then stood, “Ed want to go get a coffee or something?”

Ed looked at me and Taylor, “are you okay to stay with her?”

Taylor nodded and looked down at her feet; Ed kissed her forehead and left the room with Harry. Now was my chance and I patted the chair next to my bed. Taylor smiled and moved to sit beside me.

“What’s wrong?” I asked in a whisper.

“Ella you shouldn’t be talking,” she smiled.

“You won’t tell Harry,” I winked and we both laughed. It got a little quiet and I kept my eyes on her, “seriously Taylor something is bothering you.”

She was hesitant, but she kind of plopped her hands in her lap, “look Ella, I don’t have as many girlfriends as you’d think. I take my job very seriously and I just… Ed is the only person in this world I ever talk to you know?”

I nodded and waited for her to continue.

“Well I can’t talk to him about this; he’s so good with me telling him about my feelings and everything but when it comes to something that’s between us i…”

“You what?” I asked.

“Harry and you haven’t been together that long right?”

I nodded… I mean it was only about a month and a half but it wasn’t as long as it seemed.

“But yet here he is, ready to defend you because he already knows everything about you and just…” she sighed, “he knew about your parents. Ed hasn’t told me about your parents very much and I don’t even know what he meant today but this type of thing being ‘the usual’…”

“Our parents are difficult,” I whispered shrugging.

“So are mine! I mean… MINE put you here…” she said with her eyes filling with tears.

“It’s not your fault Taylor!” I said a little louder; I hated seeing people cry especially someone close to me. This was in no way her fault.

“Ella don’t speak your throat will flare and-,”

I pulled her into a tight hug. She kind of relaxed in my hold but then she began to sob. I was worried so I squeezed her tighter.

“Ella Ed is so secretive but so am I… but I end up telling him everything and I just…”

“You what?”

“I don’t want him to have to deal with this family drama you know? If you guys have enough family stuff of your own I just don’t think it’s fair for me to put mine out there and add to it.”

To me, that sounded like an excuse. Someone who was scared, trying to justify something she was about to do. Then it hit me – she was trying to prevent something… was she going to do something drastic or was she really just upset and worried… I rubbed her back lightly.

“Taylor what’s going on?”

“I…I…”

“Taylor tell me…”

“I don’t know if I can marry Ed…”

(A/N: Hiiii everyone, this is yet another filler chapter ugh I know i'm the worst. But honestly I promise it's getting better. I've just been having major writer's block but it's coming I promise. Anywayssssssssss I will be updating this story again if I get 3-5 votes or comments. Just like last time, I do love the feedback and I don't want to update if no one is reading it you know? ALSO I HAVE A NEW FIC CALLED OVER THE EDGE SO GO CHECK IT OUUUUT. Love you all and see you soooooooooooon.x