31

“Marrying???” I said with my eyes wide; I went to climb off of Harry but he held onto me tighter looking just as shocked as I was.

“Yeah…” he chuckled into the phone, “I really want you to meet her Els, you will absolutely love her

“E-Ed that’s big news… um, how do you feel?”

“Ecstatic actually, I wasn’t sure she would say yes” he said obviously with a breath of relief. “We are actually on our way to the airport now from LA to London, dinner tonight? You can bring Haz,” he bribed.

“Um, yeah sure. I’m really happy for you Ed.” I said a little worried but running my fingers through Harry’s hair relaxed me a little.

Me too Els… I’ll see you tonight okay? Love you” he said as he hung up.

I sighed and put my phone down, bringing my other hand up to mimic the other one in Harry’s hair.

“So… Ed’s getting married?” He asked looking up at me.

I nodded, “Yep. And you’re coming with me tonight for dinner after we meet your mom to meet her.”

“I had plans actually,” he smiled joking with me.

I smirked, “Oh yeah and what would those plans be?”

He chuckled, “I don’t know I’m not very good at jokes of course I will come with you”

“Oh come on you’re great at jokes; remember the vegetable ones?” I grinned at him.

He leaned up to kiss me, “knock knock” he whispered against my lips.

I laughed and we kissed for another minute or two. When we pulled away his face was softer, but not as happy, “Ella, you know we have to talk about this right?”

I nodded but sighed, “Not today…”

“But Ella-,”

I put my finger to his lips, “I want to have my one day off without thinking about Jack, or ...” I trailed off before I could say his name.

He brought his hand to my face to touch it lightly, “Okay.”

I kissed his head, “we can talk about it tomorrow after my practice.”

He nodded cuddling closer to me.

I wanted to brighten the mood so I looked around and smiled, “you know, I’ve never been in your hotel room before”

He smirked at me, “Hmm I know that look on your face, but you hit your head pretty hard…” he teased.

I didn’t listen and leaned in to kiss him – ignoring his teasing protests to make me listen.

I looked at myself in the mirror a few hours later; I had a light purple dress on with some tights and a grey knit cardigan, and my hair was left in its natural state. I had never met a boyfriend’s parents before… I met Jack’s parents once but it was a super fancy dinner and it felt more like a business meeting than anything.

What would Harry’s mom think of me? Would he tell her about Jack and everything that is going on? I was so worried I just stood there and fiddled with the hem on my cardigan. What if she didn’t like me… what if she thought I was just some floosy using her son for his money or something. Everyone always assumed the worst in me and I was starting to get even more nervous.

“Ella you okay?” Harry asked walking into the bathroom.

I broke out of my daze as I popped my head up to meet his eyes in the mirror, “Yea” I mumbled.