32

(Harry’s Point of View)

Dinner was coming to an end and I have to say it went well. Ed’s new fiancée was really great and Ella seemed to take a liking to her. Well Ella took a liking to everyone; I looked over at her chatting with Taylor and smiled becaue she looked so relaxed.

Almost as if someone was out to ruin my night– my phone vibrated with a text from an unknown number.

UNKNOWN: Time’s running out, decide fast or I will decide for you.

I was pissed at this point; of course it was Jack right? He told me he would give me a few days… why was he threatening me now.

Harry: You called me today – I need more time.

UNKNOWN: You have until tomorrow night to make up your mind. Better hurry.

 I sighed and turned off my phone; I was not in the mood for this tonight. Ella turned to me after her little conversation, “Everything okay?” she asked noticing the stress on my face.

I shook it off and smiled, “everything is fine,” I said kissing her cheek quickly. It was getting harder and harder for me to remember to not be touchy with her in public. But especially since this morning, when she passed out and the man she was talking about showed up – more than anything I just wanted to keep her near me.

We stood up and began to say our goodbyes, Taylor turned to Ella, “So dinner tomorrow night then?”

Ella looked actually excited, “Yes that would be great – 7ish? I’ll be done practice by then”

They continued to make plans as Ed and I talked a little more, nothing really important came up, but then we decided it was time to go.

Ed and Taylor smiled and said goodbye to us as they went to exit the restaurant; it was nice to see him so happy as he put his arm around his bride to be.

“We should probably go through the back to be picked up,” I said quietly to Ella as we stood up, she nodded and I helped her with her coat. We walked to the exit and of course people noticed us but we kept distance just in case. I don’t know exactly why, but I was more worried than ever about being in public tonight. I didn’t want people snapping pictures of us and making something out of it – that could risk everything Jack was threatening me with.

We got into the car fast without being noticed; I closed the door very fast paranoid of course and when we started driving I sat back in my seat and sighed heavily. Ella lightly reached over and touched my hand, “Harry?”

I shot out of my stressed phase and turned my attention towards her, “Hmm?”

“Are you okay? You have been stressing all night…” she said softly, rubbing her fingers over my hand.

I nodded, “I’m fine.”

“You can’t pretend that I don’t know you,” she said tilting her head slightly.

I couldn’t help but smile faintly at the look on her face, it was adorable and so caring, “I’m okay, I promise,” I said leaning over to kiss her cheek – half sure of my answer.

She sighed and accepted the kiss, but then she sighed and changed the subject, “I feel awful asking but… can I use your phone to check my email quickly? My phone died and I need to check rehearsal times tomorrow”