Christmas Spirit not so spirtiy

I laid in bed not so eager to get up. I just tossed and turned in bed. I shut my eyes and tried not to scream and shout. Everything seemed pointless. I looked at the time on my phone and saw the many many notifications.

6:36pm

I sat up and looked around. I'm forced to deal with what I feel. I heard the laughter of Carter echoing around the walls. Mikes fatherly voice was heard from the living room. I got up from bed for once and went to the bathroom. At least I got out of bed today.

***

"You didn't tell me he was coming!" Mike whispered to me and I shushed him.

"He's a guest Mike not a monster." I scolded him and we walked out the room and I looked at Mr Henry standing by the door with his hand by his chest but had something else in his hand.

"Come and sit with us in the living room, want tea?" Wow London has really gotten to me hasn't it?

"Coffee if you have any?"

"Of course."

I went to the kitchen and set the water in the kettle and set the stove to a medium heat for the water to boil. I went back to the living room and sat next to Mike.

"What's that?" Mike asked and pointed at the box and I swatted his hand away so he wouldn't point. It's plan rude to point my mother told.

"It's a present for Carter- but she's not here?" He looked at us and handed me the gift.

"She's with Liz and Miguel- that wanted her to help with putting their Christmas decorations."

"So why did you move in the building?" Mike changed the topic.

Turns out Mr Henry had a daughter but she moved to L.A to finish up her studies and pursue her wish in becoming a photographer. Everyone she left he started looking for a building that contained more people.

"Have you seen her?"

"She said she'd call and she had kept her promise but hasn't kept her promise in visiting me," he told and he frowned. He seemed so sad and worried. So I changed the topic again with starting little conversations about him. He has served in military for a year before he was injured from breaking his leg and arm by riding a skateboard. He told stories on how he and his daughter had great adventures around the world and how he had witnessed that many people change. That he knew that at some point your kid well grow up and you'll deny that they did. You could tell at this point he hasn't let his girl go. She was still his little girl.

"Enough of me, how exactly did you two meet?"

"Well um, Michael?" I chuckled and Mike sighed. He seemed nervous for some reason.

"We meet in an art school, first time I ever spoke to her was to ask for a pencil-" Mike started off, "you say it was an art school? But you had not pencil?"

"Exactly what I thought!" I told excited and Mike rolled his eyes with a grin.

"Any how I soon irratited her with some things and asked her out..Then I proposed to her and that leads to about now." Mike held my hand. His hands were shaking and were clammy.

....

"Thank you!" Carter told as she retrieved the gift from Mr Henry. She opened it with extreme caution and handed me the gift wrap. I chuckled at how she was so delicate with the gift wrap.

"Look mom!" She jumped onto my lap and I laughed. She showed me the charm bracelet Mr Henry and I looked at it with aw. She begged for me to put it on her wrist and so I did. She looked so happy.

Everyone did. How was I so blind not to see what was happening with this family.

......

A/N: some of you will hate me for the next chapters. I will say sorry in advance.