books

Wait did Ms.Peterson get my name wrong yesterday? She said Brianna not Brooke. Welp if I got a nickel for everyone who got my name wrong I would have three nickels.

I walked up the steps of the library and made a left to get some poetry books or maybe a dictionary. Yes people I read. What's wrong with that?

Brendon would judge it. He didn't like it when I had a book in my hand and not his hand. Truth is he didn't like half of the things I did. Like continue with my education, let me study art, help babysit, drunk without him.

I checked out the books I was going to read for this month. Sixth or seventh book to my favorite series. Looking for Alaska and Paper towns.

I walked out the library and hailed a taxi. One saw me and parked by me. I got in and gave them my directions.

I looked out the window and saw the snow starting to pile up on the streets. The road starting to disappear once again but yet it seemed okay. Kids skating in the local swimming pool. Every winter water is drained and it's locked up, kids and teens go there to smoke or skate. Every once in a while someone snitched on them. Few kids went to orphanages cause they had been caught and found that they had no parents. Other went to juvenile. Others just got a warning.

I saw my building come to view and saw Mike and his friend figuring how to get the piano through the door. Since I left from the backdoor they have been trying to get that through. Why don't they just use the back door?

It's a double door. The taxi driver looked at me and I looked at the amount I had to pay.

$15.76

I gave them a twenty and told them to keep the change. I got out and got my stuff and shut the door. I stepped on the snow and saw my foot prints.

Foot prints. I GOT IT!

I looked at it and imagined a cover. I stood in front of Mike and his friend. What's his name? Um Jacob no um Leonardo. No that's not it. I think it was Brandon.

"We might not get this through the door." Mike told and swiped some sweat of his forward and wiped it on a towel.

"You could of just used the back door. It's a double door." I say and his friend looks at him.

"So your saying we could of moved it to the back used the back doors and not waste three hours trying to get this from the front." I laughed and they moved the piano out of the way and went inside the building. Hanging my coat on the coat rack. I went up the steps and stopped on the second floor. I knocked on the door and waited for an answer.

The door opened slowly and there stood a sick Miguel. I smiled weakly and his mom came to the door.

"Hey Brooke, hiw can we help you?" She told and I smiled. I waved at Miguel and he ran off to who knows where.

"I just came to leave this chicken noodle soup I promised and a blanket for the rascal." I handed it to her and she smiled kindly.

"You shouldn't have bothered, thank you so much." She hugged me and I just smiled.

"No problem, well I gotta go Liz." I say and see the boys already coming upstairs wth the piano. She said her goodbye and closed the door. I walked up the steps and reached the third floor. I opened the door to my flat with the spare key and left the door open. I cleaned up and went to our room to put my things on my new desk. I heard my phone go off and I picked it up from my bed. I picked up and heard breathing.

"This is Waxing Galore, how may we help you today mam?" I answer and there was laughing.

"You out did yourself this time kid." Fallon laughed more and I smiled. Glad I made some laugh. In fact I might of made a lit of people happy without knowing it.

"What's up?"

"The sky." He answered and I looked at the books I got.

"I got you some cool things and left them at moms place, want to come visit or do I ship them to you?" He told me.

"Ship them over please." I say and there was a quick pause.

"Hey Brooke!" I heard Breezy holler and I stayed quite. There was silence and I heard more talking. 

"So Brooke I'll talk to you later."

The silence. I threw my phone on the bed and looked around. This place needed cleaning. I heard a loud sound and looked out the room. They made it!

I giggled to myself and went back to my cleaning habits.