Chapter Seventeen

**Rebecca's POV**

The party started 30 minutes ago and was already in full swing. We were just finishing setting up all the instruments and technical equipment when I finally noticed Bryan and Mia pull up.

Thank you, God in Heaven!! I said to myself. I was beginning to worry Mia's parents caused more trouble and they wouldn't be able to show. But low and behold, up walked Mia in her grey converse, ripped shorts and favorite band tee of Mayday Parade, slouching off her shoulder; along side her was Bryan, in his usual sneakers, skinny jeans, and then a random grey t-shirt. They were holding hands and Mia had a smile on her face, so all seemed at least somewhat well.

"Hey," I said to Mia as she and Bryan parted to go to each of their band mates.

"Hey," she replied, wearing the same smile she had just moments ago.

"Everything ok?"

"Yeah..At least it will be. Let's do this," she said, the last part with a gleam in her eye and a confident half-smirk tugging on her lips. I smiled back as we walked back stage to meet up with everyone else.

"Mia! Thank God you're here!!" Katelyn screeched.

"Sweet, everyone's here!," Ashley chimed in. "You ready?"

"Aw yeah, let's rock it!" Mia said as she grabbed her favorite Red Sox cap and put it on backwards.

I could hear Brent, one of the crew members outside talking on the microphone to get the crowd's attention. As he announced our name, a felt an adrenaline rush, mixed with a side of fear, wash over me.

"Good luck guys!" John said as he came by.

"You'll do great Reb," Martin said to me as he kissed my cheek. I smiled as Katelyn grabbed my arm and yanked me away. The next thing I knew we were on the stage, all eyes on us.

"Hey Chestnut High. Hope you all are as excited as we are for Boys Like Girls, but before that, we're Midnight Mayhem!" I yelled.

The crowd cheered as Ashley, our lead guitarist, began the opening riffs. Everyone was around the stage by the time you could hear and feel the big booms of Katelyn's bass.

We had a set list of about 8 songs we were gonna do. We pretty much practiced them to death, so we knew them all by heart. They were all original songs, written by myself with some help from the gang. The crowd was loving us. Like they really were loving us. I noticed half of our demo CDs we put up by the merch table was already gone, and we were only half way through our set list. I noticed Mia on John's drums. She was pounding away just as hard as earlier today, but she still sounded fantastic. 

As I looked into the crowd, I saw a couple of faces that surprised me.

Mr. and Mrs. Parker.

They actually came. I honestly didn't expect them to come at all. I almost hoped Mia didn't see them. Not until the show was done. It might distract her, make her upset again, or who knows what. But they seemed to be enjoying our performance. I vaguely saw them look at each other, but I couldn't read their expressions from such a distance. After all, my vision was 20-20; it didn't come with high def binoculars.

The show ended as the crowd screamed yet again. We said our good nights and goodbyes as we announced Boys Like Girls. I ran off stage and jumped into Martin's arms. "Warmed them up for you. Have fun." I said with a huge grin.

"You were fantastic. See you in a bit!" He said as he hugged me back then ran on stage. The crowd, seeing a familiar face, cheered extremely loud as they walked on stage. It was weird to think even people at our high school knew and listened to the guys' band (or 'our old high school' I can now proudly say...sort of, it's hardly been a day, but I think I'll consider it old now anyway *Grins*).