Chapter Twenty

This was officially the worst "time of the month" I've ever had (if you get my drift). As if breaking up with Martin wasn't bad enough, I had all these extra emotions swimming around inside of me, maximizing my pain and depression. On the one hand, I felt quite pathetic. But on the other, I really didn't care. I just wanted Martin back. What have I done...

But over the past few days, I've been really grateful for Katelyn. Although Mia and Ashley have been there for me as well, Katelyn's just been there...more, I guess. I don't know, but she's really helped me along.

Thankfully, I've been able to pull myself together long enough to do the shows, but after that, I just can't hold on anymore and I pretty much retreat to my bunk for the rest of the day. When I'm not sulking and/or crying with the curtain drawn, I'm usually working on some music. I've written some really good stuff in those alone time sessions; they're also probably the most personal songs I've ever done. But it was a reliever, one of the few relievers that worked best.

Besides music and Katelyn, the only other real comfort I've received these past few days are during my moments of prayer. Every night, I usually spend some time praying and just talking to God; telling him about my day, what I did like, what I didn't, things I hope for in the future, and anything. Sure, I bet to most people it sounded like a waste of time, but it's what I truly believed. And many times I've felt comfort from God that music and Katelyn combined couldn't have hoped to give me. I'm pretty sure the only reason I've been able to pull myself together for the shows and sound checks was because of the temporary strength God has given me.

We had just finished sound check not too long ago. I was sulking, as usual, with my guitar on the floor of the bunk area near the back of the bus. I was startled as Katelyn walked in.

"Alright," she began. "We need to get your mind off of you-know-who and onto to something else."

I sighed. "How? I've tried to, but nothing shakes it." As you can tell, I've improved from mumbling into my pillow to using eye contact and multiple sentences. It took a couple days, but Katelyn is slowly getting me back to normal.

"After the show, we were gonna go get some sandwiches at some fast food place...Wanna come?" She raised her eyebrows, hoping I'd accept.

I sighed again. "I don't really have a choice, do I?" I smirked.

"Nope!" Katelyn squealed and grabbed my wrist. "Now come! We're going soon!" I grunted and half grudgingly got up, half was happy she was forcing me. After all, getting my mind off him would be good, right?

I was in the back of the bus (when am I not these days? And I mean that in the none dirtiest way possible) fiddling with my guitar when Katelyn came in. "Ready to go?"

"Yeah," I said, putting my guitar down.

Just then Mia and Ashley walked in. "You guys ready?" Ashley asked.

We nodded before Mia turned to me."Hey, did you see that cute guy looking at you earlier?"

"Mia, we preform on a stage. Everyone is looking at us," I chuckled.

"Well yeah, but he wasn't just looking at you, he was looking at you!" she squealed.

"Yeah, I noticed that, too!" Ashley mused while wiggling her eyebrows.

I rolled my eyes, "Guys it was nothing. Besides, I don't know even know who is."

Mia and Ashley looked at each other mischievously. "Well we do," Mia bursted.

I looked to Katelyn in confusion who shrugged. "What are you talking about?" I asked. "Well who is?"

"A fan, I guess." Ashley began. "We met him after the show,"