Nice To Know You Again

It was the next day, and Lauren thought the night before was a success. Camila wasn't very different, and if she was, it was a growth that needed to happen.
Lauren was cleaning her apartment and it was about one o'clock PM. She was eager to see Camila again that night, and hoped she could maybe even see her sooner than that.
She had gotten Camila's number the night before, and dialed it in her cell phone. It rung about four times before Camila's soothing voice answered.

"Hello?" Camila said, knowing who it was.

"Hey" Suddenly, Lauren felt a little nervous. "Are you busy?"

"Not really, just unpacking still and getting the house finished up. Why?"

"I was wondering if you wanted to come over for a late lunch? And just hang out some more?" Lauren invited.

"Yeah sure! Give me like ten minutes" Camila accepted, and after Lauren gave her the directions and address Camila was on her way.

It didn't take very long to get to Lauren's apartment, and Camila was excited to see her friend again. She knocked on the door lightly, and Lauren with her flashing eyes opening it.

"Hallo!" Lauren greeted her in her silly voice. Saying 'hallo' was a habit of hers.

"Hi!" Camila replied, as Lauren held the door open welcoming her in. Camila stepped inside the roomy apartment, admiring the light blue walls. The shade of blue reminded her of the ocean, or a clear sky. It was lovely. It wasn't enormous or tiny in there, it was just right.

"The place isn't much... but it's definitely affordable" Lauren smiled, walking into her kitchen. Camila followed, taking in the scent of coconut and the distinct smell of Lauren, which was different now.

"Oh no, it's adorable!" Camila admired the cute decorations, signs, and pictures hanging on the walls. Camila sat down at the kitchen table as Lauren brought over drinks.

"I have ice peach tea, our favorite" Lauren set the glass down in front of her as she retreated back to the stove, dipping two bowls of chicken noodle soup. With a side of warm and fresh bread.

"This is lovely, thanks for having me" Camila thanked her.

"Any time!" The green eyed beauty plopped down across from her with a sigh.

"You look really pretty" Camila complimented Lauren. Her hair was in a pony tail, and her t-shirt and dark jeans made her look so cozy and comfortable. She had no makeup on, and she was just simply herself. And in that, there was extravagance. There was nothing simple about it - and Camila noticed.
Lauren seemed shy, and her cheeks turned slightly pink.

"Thanks" She smiled. "So do you!" Lauren took a sip of her soup, wincing at the heat.

"Careful, it's really hot" Camila giggled.

"Yeah.." Lauren smiled at her action. "I guess I just had to try it out first, just to make sure all this steam indicated that it's hot"

"It happens" Camila tried her peach tea, the flavor made her want to do a happy dance right then and there. She loved it.

"So did you enjoy your DJ experience last night? Here at Golden?" Lauren genuinely questioned.

"Yes! I loved it!" Camila grinned.

"What do you think of that Taylor?"

"She's kinda rude. She's very tall though, and pretty." Camila noted.

"Most of us call her The Snake. Just watch, she will throw anyone under the bus to save her own ass and do anything that she has to to succeed. She's rude as hell. Her last name is Swift.. and we stay away from anyone with the last name Swift." Lauren informed her.

"I see" Camila thought it made sense. "I'll be sure not to get too close then. Thanks for the warning!"

"Just looking out" Lauren winked. They both smiled and started to eat again.

"So this moving thing is so difficult!" Camila shifted the conversation in a different direction, and from there the girls sat and talked for hours. From moving, to the city, to the ocean, to clubs, to early childhood memories, to their families, to feminism which they were both passionate about, to music, to fifth harmony, to smoking weed which Lauren knew a little something about, to politics, to the subject of college - they could've gone on for forever. And Camila noticed that for once - for the first time in a long time, there was no sadness. No jerk of emotions that made her want to run off in tears. Nothing like that. Just pure, genuine happiness that she had been longing for so desperately. This was the reason she was there, and she was grateful. This was her best friend, this was the girl she loved so much, just as a person. Because not only was Camila reminded of her physical beauty, she was reminded her of her inner beauty. And her inner beauty was way more beautiful than anything else in the entire world. Camila was sure.

Camila had been at Lauren's almost all day, so they decided she would just ride with her to Golden. The other girls would meet them there later. Hopping into the black jeep they were already way more comfortable with each other.

"So Taylor mentioned strippers coming into Golden. What's that about?" Camila's curiosity spoke.

"Well, if you noticed the poles on the left side of the stage across the room, they do their thing there." Lauren answered, keeping her eyes on the road.

"Yeah but what are they like? Have you talked with them?"

Lauren looked suddenly uncomfortable.
"Uh.. no. No, not really." She shrugged. "I've said hello before but nothing more really."

"Oh okay." Camila nodded. "Too intimidating for you?"

"Something like that." Lauren replied. Camila noticed her hands and the way they gripped the steering wheel. The veins popping out and the strength that was in them. Camila liked Lauren's hands.

They arrived at the club, and already there was a line outside the door. It was Saturday night, and of course Lauren forgot to mention that the strippers came on Saturdays.

"Why is it so busy already? We haven't even opened." Camila asked, as they walked past the line and in through the door.

"The strippers." Lauren blatantly answered. "They're here.. and they'll do their thing the entire freakin night. While your up there, and while we are too."

"Oh" Camila started to get nervous. She didn't do well around half naked girls.. considering she was in fact bisexual. She had come to terms with it.. but never really had feelings for any girl but Lauren. But that was in the past. She noticed that Lauren didn't like talking about the strippers.

"Yeah and one time, a few of them came over and started grinding on me while I was singing with the girls. It was so embarrassing." The mortifying memory ran through her mind. "If only it had been a guy" she laughed.

"Yeah" Camila tried to give a fake smile. She couldn't relate.

They walked into the back locker room, where the strippers were hanging out. They were all fully clothed and seemed so nice.

"Hi" Lauren greeted them as she walked up to her locker, opening it.
Camila noticed one of the strippers eyeing Lauren, following her every move. She had long light brown hair, she was slim, and had dark brown eyes. She was gorgeous.

"Hey" The stripper called out to Camila, walking up to her. "You're the new DJ right?"

"Yeah that's me" Camila confirmed in her shy silly voice.

"I'm Lucy" the stripper stuck out her hand. "It's nice to meet you" she smiled warmly.

"I'm Camila, nice to meet you too!" She smiled. This girl Lucy was nice. Lauren stayed fiddling with something in her locker, not looking over at all. Camila thought it was a little strange because usually Lauren loved talking to people no matter who they were. But she stayed away from these girls.

"I'm looking forward to adding my moves to your sweet beats" Lucy added.

"Yeah, it should be great" Camila didn't know what else to say.

"I have to change now.. see you guys out there!" And with that, Lucy was gone along with the other strippers who seemed to be background dancers compared to Lucy. Camila admitted, she was hot.