We Could Be Fine

It was early enough that Sunday morning that Camila wasn't awake yet, although the sun was already trying to burst through her white blinds. Instead of an alarm clock, she vaguely heard her door bell from downstairs, ringing throughout the house. She opened her eyes reluctantly, rubbing the tiredness out of them. Her hair was in a messy bun and she was wearing an oversized t-shirt, which easily came down to her knees. She knew she was in no shape to have company or be seen in such a mess, but she didn't care. She slowly walked down the stairs and opened the door. Standing there was the green eyed girl, her hair blowing in the breeze. She had her hands tucked away in her jacket pockets and her lips pressed together. Camila could smell her perfume radiating off of her, and her shampoo as her hair continued to sway from the light wind.

"I'm sorry" Lauren said with some obvious sincerity, as she looked into Camila's fragile eyes. "I was a jerk last night and things got out of control.. I should be flaunting you, you're right. But I'm just not ready."

Camila thought for a moment as the woman that she loved stood at her doorstep, apologizing. She wasn't ready? She still hadn't changed her mind... why couldn't Camila change her mind?

"I forgive you." Camila said, a smile forming on Lauren's face, but the hurt still visible on Camila's. Camila left the door open as she walked back upstairs. Lauren followed her, seeing what her girlfriend was even doing. Camila crawled right back into bed, letting her hair fall out of the messy bun, and went back to sleep. She was exhausted from the past week, doing so many things with Lauren and today was the only day she was off. Not to mention, it was July fourth... so she would probably have plans with Lauren that night. Lauren climbed into bed after Camila, laying behind her and cuddling her girlfriend. Lauren ran her fingers through Camila's long brown hair, in the way that every girl loves. Camila was quick to fall asleep, and Lauren just watched her. Lauren was constantly in awe of Camila and her beauty.

An hour later, Camila woke up again and didn't see Lauren. Not knowing where she had gone, she quickly got dressed in her navy blue strapless romper, and went into her bathroom to brush her teeth. She didn't have the motivation to do anything to her hair, so she went downstairs. The house smelled like food that she didn't know she even had, and suddenly became very hungry... and a little confused. She ventured into her kitchen, finding her girlfriend there cooking. She didn't even know Lauren could cook.

"What are you doing?" Camila asked, taking in the sight.

"What's it look like?" Lauren smiled. "I'm cooking for my girl."

"Well this is new..." Camila said as she walked closer, taking a look at the macaroni and cheese, green beans, and hot dogs currently sitting in boiling water. "I like this. You should do this everyday." Camila smiled, as she wrapped her arms around Lauren, hugging her tightly. Lauren smiled at how adorable Camila was.

"Okay sit down, let me serve you." Lauren broke away from their loving hug. Camila smiled at her girlfriend's surprising actions and went along with it. After all, food was the way to her heart. Camila sat down at her kitchen table as Lauren poured her a glass of water. She got her plate ready, and then set it down in front of Camila. The smell of the warm comfort food made Camila's stomach growl, and her mouth water. After Lauren got herself some, she sat down across from Camila.

"So, it's one hundred percent up to you babe, but Normani is throwing a party tonight. There will be fireworks, and free food!" Lauren proposed the idea.

"Sounds like fun" Camila replied as she took a bite of her mac and cheese.

"I wasn't sure if you would want to go.. but I think it will be fun."

"Yeah of course I want to go, I love your friends! And the Fourth of July is always so much fun. I can get very patriotic.. as you know." Camila smiled, as a memory came to mind.