Forget What I Said

After days, Camila couldn't get over the sound of silence between her and Lauren. She couldn't forget all of the things Lauren had said that night at dinner, how easy it was for her to break her. How Lauren didn't think twice before she went and kissed someone else, and how many times Lauren lied to her. And how she went to California, letting her think nothing was wrong, like nothing happened. All of the lies, it was too much to handle. Camila laid in her bed, unable to move or breathe. All she could do was lay there and let her mind run wild, but whatever ran through her mind in that moment felt like being stabbed in the chest.

Lauren's POV

Lauren pulled up to the familiar but forgotten apartments, and parked her jeep in the open parking space. She rested her hands on the wheel as she thought over what was about to happen, and as she prepared what she would say. She got out of her jeep, head held high. She looked put together, and confident. Her eyes had an extra fierce look to them that morning, most people found them intimidating. She walked up a flight of stairs, to the apartment room 312. She knocked without hesitation, until someone answered the door.

"You're here." Lucy's light brown eyes lit up, as she saw Lauren standing in her doorway. "Come in."
Lauren walked in, but for different reasons than Lucy had assumed.

"Listen, I'm not here to make amends. You know what you fucking did, Lucy. You are a sneaky, sneaky person and honestly I didn't see it coming." Lauren started, capturing her ex's attention. "Why? Why in God's name would you do that? What in the world made you think it was relatively okay for you to pull that shit with Camila? Was that your way of getting back at me for not wanting you? Were you trying to get her to leave me? So you could worm your way into my life again, without someone else in my life? I do not understand the logic you had when you did that. I don't understand. But you should know, I will never forgive you. I swear on my life, and on Camila's that I will never forgive you."

"What are you talking about?" Lucy asked, with an extremely confused and innocent look on her face. "I am honestly so confused."

"Don't play that game with me. You don't want to try me right now." Lauren was fuming.

"No, really I promise I don't know what you're talking about. Did Camila say something about me? I don't know what I 'pulled' on her."

"Oh my God! Stop." Lauren demanded, as she became angrier. "You kissed her, remember? Or were you too high at the time?"

"What?" Lucy let out a confused laugh. "Lauren I swear I didn't.. I wouldn't go near your girlfriend. I mean yeah, I want to be with you but I just want you.. I wouldn't ever go that far."

"I don't want to hear your fucking lies!" Lauren yelled.

"I'm not fucking lying, Lauren!" Lucy yelled back.

"I don't believe you." Lauren shook her head.

"I wouldn't kiss your girlfriend! She's your girlfriend, she's pretty but.. no. Just no. You're all I want. I don't understand why she would tell you that? Did you tell her about us? Maybe she got jealous."

"She didn't know about you and I until after she told me. What you're saying makes no sense."

"Oh my God." Lucy gasped. "She followed me on instagram a few weeks ago. Maybe she scrolled down and saw my old posts about you. We were a secret though, I mean they were only friendly posts but still. She probably figured it out, and figured out that you lied to her.. and wanted revenge? I have no idea, that's the only explanation I can think of."

"That does sort of make sense.. what the hell?" Lauren thought about it. "You didn't kiss her? Like really?"

"No, I really didn't." Lucy looked into her eyes with serious sincerity. "She lies to you, babe."

"I don't know what to think." Lauren was honest. "Why would she do that?"

"I don't know.. I'm sorry she did though."

"Well regardless, she knows about us. She knows I cheated on her."

"How did she take it?" Lucy asked.

"Badly. Really badly.. I told her the night I got home, at dinner. And it's been four days and we haven't talked since. I mean I've been busy with the girls and everything and I haven't had time to come by here but I would have sooner. I wanted to kill you."

"What about now? Do you still?" Lucy quietly questioned.

"No."

"Do you believe me? That I didn't kiss her?" Lucy's puppy dog eyes looked similar to Camila's. Camila's were more sad, though.

"I think so." Lauren answered. "What you said makes sense I guess, I'm just disappointed.

"I know you don't want to hear this right now, but it doesn't look like you two are good for each other. I mean, I see the romantic story you two have. The whole best friends since birth, and moved away and came back only to fall for you again thing, but the way that it's playing out doesn't look so romantic. It seems like you guys are only hurting each other, more than it's worth." Lucy said. "She's probably at home right now, happy that she made you upset by her little story, because you cheated. But you made a mistake, any normal person would either forgive and move on, or end it. But she made up that whole story about me kissing her, and whatever else she said that really doesn't matter... what kind of person does that? Not someone who cares about your feelings."

"I hurt her." Lauren said. "I deserve much worse if we're being honest. You might not have kissed her, but I kissed you. That's pretty bad. I'm her girlfriend."

"People make mistakes." Lucy justified.
"It's okay. She makes mistakes as well."

"The biggest mistake was mine though."

"Why don't you just put it behind you? You deserve better. You shouldn't have to keep feeling bad about what we did. What happened with us had nothing to do with Camila, it was about me and you. And I'm not upset about the kiss, you shouldn't be either." Lucy bit her lip waiting for a response.

"I'll always feel bad for hurting her." Lauren said. "That's just the way it is."

"Okay but she lied to you so don't feel like you're the only one at fault here."

"I just need to talk to her and ask her why she lied about you kissing her.. I'll admit it was genius but she knows I prefer honesty over anything. She created so much drama." Lauren huffed. "I'm sorry I yelled at you. I genuinely thought you kissed my girlfriend."

"It's fine, Laur. I have a feeling you won't be hers for long though.. and when you aren't, come and find me."