Home

Hello guys! Comments and feedback is so nice, so don't forget to leave me some! I hope you all enjoy this book, and this emotional story about finding yourself.

"Are you sure you're settled?" Camila's mother Sinu asked over the phone.

"Yeah mom, I'm good. I'm all settled and everything is moved." She replied, as she removed more picture frames from the cardboard boxes scattered throughout her new house. She had landed a job at a club that was close by as a DJ. Camila was known in New York for running every party that was worth being at. She had the vibes and the music and she knew how to get a crowd hyped up. She loved being a DJ. College hadn't been an issue or something to consider for Camila.. it just wasn't an option.

"Okay Camzi, call me if you need anything or whenever you want to chat! We love you!"

"I love you too mom" Camila ended the phone call, then sat down on her new living room floor. She couldn't deny, she needed help.

Call her.

She thought, over and over again. But every time the thought came to mind, she shook it off. She didn't want to come across weird or unstable or different at first. She didn't want to scare her, or make things awkward. But now that she was finally back in Miami, maybe she could get Lauren's friendship back. Camila felt disappointed in herself that after all this time, after five years of not seeing Lauren, all she could do was think about what it would be like the next time they met face to face. They used to be inseparable. Camila had spent a short period of time angry at Lauren for losing touch, because Lauren just simply never made an effort. Camila wanted to plan out scenarios, and conversations. Apart of her wanted to hand Lauren a script for the next time they saw each other so that it could play out smoothly. Camila knew she naturally had anxiety, but this... oh god. This gave her levels of anxiety and nervousness. This made the inside of her stomach churn and her heart stop beating.

But why did it mean so much to Camila? Camila had replayed their last goodbyes in her mind over and over again, analyzing every word and every look that Lauren had given her. And once again, it started to replay in her head.

Five Years Earlier

"Camz I really don't want you to go.. what if we never even see each other?" Lauren questioned, scaring them both.

"Don't say that." Camila's lip quivered as they stood In the enormous air port.

"Thank you." Lauren muttered.

"For what?"

"For being my one true friend... for being the one who was always there for me. I know you will do something spectacular in New York City, Camz. I'll miss you though." Lauren was honest, it would hurt her. She ran her hand through her dark brown hair like she always did.

"I will miss you more." Camila smiled, pulling her best friend into a hug. "Lauren?"

"Yeah Camz?" She replied. Camila released her from their hug, looking her in the eye.

"I will always feel the way I feel about you. I promise... I'll come back. And maybe.." Camila promised.

"Camz.." Lauren interrupted, reminding her of reality.

"Don't say it. Not again.. I know you're scared, I am too! But I..." Camila's voice broke as If she were about to burst into tears. "I love you."

For a moment, the two of them stood face to face, letting their eyes do all the talking. Lauren's green eyes were like jewels, shining from miles away. They were like oceans, crashing and hovering against the shore. Her eyes spoke just like any mouth could, and they delivered a clear message. The truth. And in Camila's heart, she knew what Lauren wanted to say... she knew how she felt. But Lauren's lips spoke different words. Words that stung like stepping directly on a bee, or rubbing your eyes after touching hand sanitizer.

"I love you too." She paused, looking into Camila's dark brown eyes. "But not in that way."

The Flashback Ends

And that's where Camila left it off every time in her mind. Hating herself for being so honest but hating Lauren even more for not. How was she supposed to face Lauren again after five years? Five years of not speaking about their feelings, five years of meeting new people... It would be hard. But Camila came here for one reason, and that was to try and rediscover a some sort of relationship with whom she was sure was the most perfect person in the entire world.