Match Making

Almost three years later....Helion System – Planet Chronus.

Kyra sat at the bar, somewhat patiently waiting for Randy to return, so they could put the finishing touches on their project. Boone, the club owner, walked sat a beer down in front of her.

"You look like you need this."

She bit her bottom lip before laughing, "I must look like shit then, Boone. Thanks."

"Never! Just a little down. How many more days do you have here?"

"Probably two at the most. We'll stay here through Sunday though. I don't think the kid would be too happy with me if I pulled him away from here before the weekend.

"Speaking of the little devil.  Where is he?"

"Probably found some girl to flirt with. He'll be back soon."

"He better. The club opens in three hours and you have to change into your party clothes. You promised to dance on the stand tonight."

Kyra rolled her eyes. "I promised NO such thing!"  But she grinned despite herself.

"You love it and you know it."

"Only in a sick kind of way." She slid off the bar stool. "See you tonight."

She took her beer to the booth she always sat in and relaxed. While drinking, her thoughts drifted to Randy. He was her right hand when it came to her security business. She recalled when they first met on Helion Prime. It was six months after she graduated. She and Rob were eating at an outdoor café, celebrating a large contract she had just landed with a local law firm. She was showing him her plans on her tablet when she noticed something odd. It took her a moment to grasp what was happening, but when she did, she grabbed Rob's hand out of surprise and almost laughed.

Flashback

"I'm being hacked!"

"Someone is hacking Ms. Technology Queen?" Rob loved her, but he never quite got how she was so engrossed by anything that ran from a processor. "How is that possible?"

"Oh, it's possible, as much as I hate to admit it. Either I've made a major mistake or he's really good. Look around casually and see if anyone has a tablet or some other kind of device."

"There's someone sitting on the bench to my right. He's got a tablet.  Skinny kid, brown wavy hair."

She nodded after cutting her eyes in that direction.  "Got it.  I'm going over there, but I need to take him by surprise. I've got his access limited now, but he's already in my system and I can't let him get away. Stay here."

She kissed him and got up from their table, went into the café and came out the side entrance, circling behind the boy on the bench. He was too caught up in what he had found on her tablet to notice her.

"Man this chick has some great shit!" Randy was smiling to himself. He could fence these plans and make some great money. He didn't realize that Kyra was right behind him though as she leaned down next to his ear.

"Yes, I do have some great shit, don't I kid?"  Randy hesitated for a moment and then tried to bolt. She had him in a choke hold before he could even get up.  "Tablet..NOW!" she barked. He handed it to her, too afraid to do anything else. "Get up, nice and slowly."

Randy had little choice. He had never been caught before, and had been in her system all of five minutes before she'd been all over him. She linked her arm through his, as if they were old friends taking a stroll, and they walked back to her table nice and calm.

"Sit, and if you try to run away, you'll get a face full of concrete.  Are we clear?" He nodded and sat down.

"What are you gonna do to me?" Just as the words left his mouth, she purged the hard drive on his tablet, ignoring his pained shrieks. "Please! I need that. Aw shit! Shit! Shit! Shit!"