Parting Is Such Sweet Sorrow

Exhausted didn't begin to describe how he felt. The stress of her disappearance and his subsequent sleepless night had taken its toll, rendering him into an almost comatose sleep, and little could've wrestled him from it either. It was early, the sun's light had just begun to streak the sky, but the cottage remained quiet.  He was, in effect, dead to the world. Had he been asked, having his arms securely wrapped around his hellcat was the perfect panacea for a getting good night's sleep. With one hand splayed across her growing stomach and the other palming a breast, it couldn't get much better.

Jack moved in his arms. His grip on her tightened and he grunted in his sleep, but didn't move. A few moments later, something wet and cold nudged his nose. He wiped it with his arm giving no other sign of moving into consciousness other than that. A steady thump, thump, thump reverberated in the room, his forehead wrinkled, and before he could pry his eyes open he was licked squarely in the face.

"WHAT THE FUCK?"

He recoiled from the contact and his hands immediately wiped the slobber away. Once his eyes were completely open and focused he was almost face to face with a panting Hunter who was standing at the side of their bed. The body in his arms was quivering, and he knew without looking that she was attempting to stifle her laughter. His first instinct was to attack her, as he usually did until she begged for mercy, but he thought of a much better plan. Jack shrieked as she was unexpectedly drug to the center of the bed and her arms and legs were pinned to the mattress.

"Thought that was funny, did you?"

Oh, she was in for it. Between his unsmiling face and the growling tone of voice, she was in big trouble. He was not the type of man you woke up abruptly, and only some fast talking on her part was going to give her any hope of being saved from what he had planned.

"I refuse to comment on the grounds that I may incriminate myself -."

"Too late, princess!"

"BUT, on my behalf, I don't know how he got in the cottage. I was just as surprised to see him as you!"

"That I can believe, but you can't expect me to swallow that he'd come lickin' me like that without some help from you."

The corner of her mouth twitched before she attempted to launch into a half-ass denial. He let her go on for a little while before he finally interrupted her.

"Hey. What was that you said to me last night? Just keep diggin' that hole and see if you like what you find?"

"Oh come on. He was only showing you that he likes you."

"But he loves you." He turned to Hunter at that point. "Ain't that right boy? Come on boy, come get 'er."

Needing no further encouragement, Hunter leapt on the bed. "Riddick! No! Oh-." He gave her a big slurp up the side of her face as she squirmed and squealed, much to Riddick's amusement. The more noise she made, the more excited Hunter became and the more he licked. "Ew! Yuck!"

Rich, baritone laughter filled the room joined by a few enthusiastic 'woofs' from Hunter. "Now that's what I'm talkin' about! Good dog!"

Given the motivating words, he turned his affections to Riddick and broadly licked him on the side of the face several times, delighting Jack. "Ugh! God damn dog! Enough!" In a voice that would brook no argument he pointed to the floor. "Hunter down!" He immediately obeyed, jumping off the bed and taking his place on the floor. He glared down at her. "You could learn a thing or two from that dog. He listens and obeys."

"He also slobbers. You want me to start doing that, too?"

"Nothin' new there. You already drool in your sleep. Speaking of, why the fuck did you have him wake me up?"