Not a Damn Thing You Can Do About It

Four hours later, their supplies were loaded and Riddick was prepping the ship for takeoff. He was about to call her to the bridge when he felt her hand on his shoulder.

"Hey, buckle up."

She shook her head. "Not yet."

"Why?"

"Because I don't want to go straight to Helion Prime. Riddick, I want to go home."

"Jack-."

"Look, I heard from Randy and Grant and they think my message was bullshit. They believe that you, my kidnapper, forced me to send it. They have to know I'm OK. One day is all I'm asking. Please."

Riddick didn't even blink before answering. "No."

"NO? That's it?"

"What I say goes."

"Seriously? No discussion? Simply 'no'?"

His jaw tensed. This was one thing he did not miss about her while she was gone. For some damn reason, she had it in her head that the final word did not belong to him. As if. She was about to be reminded exactly who made the rules on this ship.

"That's what no means. Don't fuckin' understand which part of the word 'no' you ain't gettin'."

"Son of a bitch! You're not my keeper. Can't we just talk about this?"

He merely shrugged. "Nothin' to talk about. My ship, my rules. Get over it."

"And just how much of the money I gave you upgraded this damn ship?" He sat silent, prompting her to snort. "That's what I thought. We're going home. One day."

She may have me by the balls but she ain't tellin' me what to fuckin' do.

"Like hell we are," he growled. "Sit your ass down and buckle up. Dangerous enough going to New Mecca, so there's no fuckin' way we're doing a side trip to New Freedom."

"You're being totally unreasonable ju-."

"Get it out of your head, Jack, because there's not a damn thing you can do about it."

Irritated beyond reason and deciding that ignoring her would be the best tactic, he focused his attention back on prepping the ship.

But Jack wasn't done yet, not by half, and telling her there wasn't anything she could do was like waving a red flag in front of a bull. Nothing I can do about it? Wanna bet?

She turned his captain's chair around completely until it was facing away from the console. Riddick simply sat there for a moment and stared at her. A silent Riddick was never a good sign. Finally, though, he spoke. "Jack, I can't fly facin' this way."

Slowly, she lowered herself down to her knees, running her hands along the tops of his thighs until the tips of her fingers brushed his pelvis. Completely focused, she kept her eyes on him the entire time. And Riddick? His own eyes kept darting from hers then back to what her hands were doing. As they ran toward his inner thighs, he sat up a little straighter, and then she pushed his legs apart and edged between them.

"What are you up to?"

Saying nothing, she simply cocked an eyebrow. After pushing the armrests of his chair completely up, she rose and straddled his lap, wrapping her arms around his neck and toying with the sensitive skin at the base of his skull. Her fingers stroked back and forth while she lightly brushed her lips along either side of his neck.

"This ain't gonna work, Jack."

He knew exactly what she was up to, and he knew how much she liked to fuck with his head, always did, but not this time. Or so he thought. He followed her hands as she reached for the bottom of her shirt and pulled it off, revealing her new lacy bra that left little to the imagination. Then he felt her hands go under his shirt, over his stomach, running up and over his chest. She tugged at his shirt and he leaned forward so she could take it off. Her lips were on his chest before the shirt had hit the floor. And, to add a bit of fuel to the fire, she moved her hips against his groin. Not a huge movement, but enough to make a tendon in his neck twitch. She smiled.