二十七

THIS HAS 100 VOTES AHHH TYSM

"understanding tyler's circumstances, im sure something could be arranged." josh's mom carried on wiping the plates in the sink while the two boys stood nervously behind her.

"is that a yes?" asked josh hopefully.

"yes, tyler can stay until further notice, but one of you will have to sleep on a mattress on the floor in josh's room, the bed isn't big enough for the both of you."

i'm sure we'll manage, josh thought, and then blushed.

tyler had obviously thought something similar and they both giggled like five year olds.

"thanks, mom." josh said gratefully.

"well, go and get the mattress then."

so, tyler and josh both went up to the room, helping each other blow up the mattress and make a comfy bed on the floor.

"thankyou so much, josh. you are so very kind." tyler says quietly.

tyler still wasn't talking to people other than josh, and only in the forest did he speak properly. he was getting better, though, at least he spoke at all.

"i never knew," tyler contemplated. "how you knew sign language?"

"my grandma was deaf, so i kinda just learnt it as i grew up." josh shrugs. "she died a couple of years ago."

it was quiet after that, but not sad. tyler and josh were both very happy that they were living in the same house.

the weeks passed by quicker and quicker, getting nearer and nearer to the end of spring.

one week in april, josh and tyler were both invited to see the birth of rodney's children.

josh sighed but tyler was absolutely thrilled to witness a chinchilla's birth.

tyler had started becoming friends and hanging out a lot more with josh's friends, he and billie were practically best friends.

as the four of them trudged down the street: bill, ashley, tyler and josh(brendon and ryan made up an excuse not to come, and josh didn't blame them), billie and tyler were both practically squealing in excitement as they ran in to the pet shop.

josh and ashley sighed, walking slowly behind them.

rodney's mate gave birth to two chinchilla's, naming one of them blue and asking tyler to choose the other one's name.

he decided on ruby.

"aw, they're so adorable!" billie beamed at her 'grandchildren'.

the assistant told them that they needed to stay with their mother for a couple of months but then they can separate, she explained it might not be good to keep ruby and rodney together.

"aw, josh, can we keep ruby?" tyler tugged at josh's sleeve. "please!"

he was begging like a kid.

"okay, okay."

"if that's okay with you though bill?" tyler asked.

"no, that's perfect!" she grins cheerily. "we can have our own little chinchilla family."