Part 4:- Maria The Maid.

HEY GUYS! Hope you enjoy this chapter! Please listen to the song above it's How to Save a Life by The Fray!

--

--

"Are you sure she's going to be ok?", asked Will.

"She's going to be fine.", replied Levi gently rubbing the sleeping El on the shoulders.

Inside Eleven's head it was as if God had adjusted the colours of the world in the night, like it was as easy as twisting one of those old plastic dials on a TV set. Everything was brighter than it should've been; the trees were not just green but radiant virescent hues that burned themselves in El's sleepy retinas. The houses were grey as if they'd been repainted by moonlight and stood vibrant in the golden rays that fell unfettered though the clear sky. The road that should've been grey was a sleek river of black with perfect paint lines and the street-lamps were blue. Everything was so right, but it was wrong too - really wrong.

Eleven felt someone tap her back.

When she turned around, she saw Jessica.

"I'm back."

Suddenly El woke up. Her cheeks were wet and her body was bathed in a cold sweat. Her heart pounded against her chest. Eleven trembled. The remnants of her nightmare still clung to her mind, haunting her.

"Jane, are you ok?!", asked Levi.

El let out a frightened cry and buried her face into Levi's shoulder. Even her breaths trembled. She swallowed and once again and turned to see the clean walls of the Byers' home.

--

"So, where's Zach?", asked Jessica.

"He's gone to therapy.", replied Maria the maid quietly.

"You're probably wondering were I've been, haven't you?"

The maid didn't say anything and bowed her head.

"Well, I don't know what happened to me either, but I'm here to do something. Something important. I need to kidnapp a girl and save a boy."

"Your tea Madame.", said Maria placing the teacup and small plate in front of Jessica.

"Are you okay Maria? You seem very... quiet. Why?"

"Nothing Madame."

"Are you sure? I wouldn't like it if you were lying to me."

"Everything's fine Madame."

"Why are you lying Maria? Are you afraid?"

No response.

"It would be a shame if our maid was found dead on the kitchen floor. After all, you do know my secret. I wouldn't want you going round telling people, would I?"

No response again.

"Would I?!", Jessica yelled.

"No, Madame Jessica."

Slowly, the teen pulled out a gun from her jean pockets and pointed it at the maid.

"Please, Madame Jessica. No! Please-"

Suddenly, a loud bang noise was heard and the maid fell to the floor.

"Oops."

--

Back at the Police Station, Hopper walked through the door and was about to go to us office when Flo called for his name.

"What?", said the chief.

"You got a phone call earlier today from the Wheeler's kid."

"What'd he say?"

"He said they need you at the Byers' house."

"Is it important?"

"I don't know. That's all he told me."

"Well, I'll see you later."

"See ya.", said Flo before Hopper left the building.

--

HEY GUYS! Thanks for reading this chapter! Hope you enjoyed it! BYE!
~STAY STRANGE! 😘