Part 43:- Start New.

HEY GUYS! Hope you enjoy this chapter! Please listen to the song above it's Cake by Melanie Martinez!
--

HEY GUYS! Hope you enjoy this chapter! Please listen to the song above it's Cake by Melanie Martinez!--

--

"Hey Jane, can I talk to you?", asked El's father as Eleven came down the stairs.

"What's the matter?", replied El.

"I think it would be better off for you to lay off of school for a while."

"Why? There's nothing wrong with me."

"After all that's happened, and what happened on your first day of school, me and the school decided for you to take a couple of days from school. To adjust."

"But I don't want to."

"It's great you want to go to school, but it's just going to be too stressful for you."

"Please,"

"I'm sorry, Jane. You can still see your friends, you just can't go to school. Anyway, it's only for a couple of days."

"I'm going to get some fresh air. I'll be back.", said El as she got up from her seat.

"Jane-", before Ward could finish his sentence, Eleven was out the door.

--

"Oh hey, Mike.", said a voice from behind Michael as he sat on a park bench.

"Max, hey.", he replied.

"What are you doing out here? I never really thought of you as a park type of person."

"I'm not, I just came out to get some fresh air. How 'bout you? Never thought of you as a park person either."

"Just taking a walk."

Slowly, Max went to sit down next to Mike. When she did, she noticed he was holding something.

"Hey what's that?", she asked

"Oh, this? It's nothing."

"Mike..."

"Fine, it's a ring. A promise ring."

"For who?"

"Jane, my girlfriend."

As soon as the words left Michael's mouth, Max felt a wave of both sadness, anger and jealousy wash over her. Her long time crush had been taken. Even though she was mad at El, she realised she couldn't let her emotions get the best of her. So she just accepted it.

"Oh, that's nice.", Maxine commented.

"Max, everything that's happened, between us, can we just forget about it?"

"I think that would be a great idea. Start new?", asked the teenage girl sticking out her hand.

"Start new.", agreed Mike, reaching to shake her hand.

--

Lucas, Dustin and Will all looked up at the bathroom wall, still trying to figure out how a portal to the Upside-Down ended up there.

"So, it was just behind the mirror?", asked Dustin.

"Yeah, there was a trail from one side of the wall to behind the mirror.", replied Will.

"And what do we do about it?"

"I don't know, but we got to get rid of it fast before it grows even more."

"Why don't we call Eleven. She must know something about this.", suggested Lucas.

"No, don't, she's already dealt with enough. No-one tell her."

"Then how are we going to get rid of this thing?"

"Yeah, we can't just leave it here."

"I know! Just... let me handle it."

"Okay, chill."

"We'll come by tomorrow."

"Look, I'm sorry. It's just... life's been stressful."

"Will, buddy, we're here for you. Always have been always will be."

"Thank you guys."

"We'll see you tomorrow alright? Get some sleep."

"Alright. See you tomorrow.", said Will before Lucas and Dustin left his house.

--
HEY GUYS! Hope you enjoyed this chapter! Please vote and comment if you did! BYE!
~STAY STRANGE! 😘