Part 10:- The Monsters Living Inside Her Head.

HEY GUYS! I hope you enjoy this chapter! Please listen to the song above it's Sweater Weather by The Neighbourhood!
--

HEY GUYS! I hope you enjoy this chapter! Please listen to the song above it's  Sweater Weather by The Neighbourhood!--

--

As Hopper was doing some paper work, a knock came from his office door.

"Come in.", he said.

Slowly, Flo opened the door and let a woman into the room.

"Take a seat.", said Hopper.

Hastily, the woman walked to the desk and sat down on one of the two chairs.

"What's the problem?", asked the chief.

"Well, I was coming from my local store and my car had been smashed open."

"Right, when was this?"

"Yesterday morning."

"Do you know anyone who would've wanted to do this to you?"

"No."

"Well, do you mind if I ask you a few questions?"

"Of course."

"What's your name?"

"Janette. Janette Evans."

"Age?"

"53."

"Occupation?"

"I'm a dream interpreter."

"Dream interpreter?"

"Yes. I interpret people's dreams."

"Do you interpret nightmares?"

"Yes. All types of dreams."

"What does it mean if someone had a nightmare or started talking, walking or doing dangerous things in it?"

"It would mean they are experiencing night terrors. Night terrors are very different from nightmares. A person having night terrors may scream and thrash around, and may not recognise you if you try to comfort them."

"So what could I do to help the person?"

"If their nightmares aren't illness- or medication-related, I would suggest you do some behavioural changes. They have proven effective for 70% of people who suffer from nightmares, including those caused by anxiety, depression, and PTSD."

"Right. So-"

"You could keep a dream journal, a notebook in which the person describes the dreams they can recall. If the person haves frequent nightmares, they might want to see a counselor or a psychologist to help them deal with their bad dreams."

"Right. Thanks for the information. Anyways, date of birth?", Hopper continued.

--

After 3 long months, El entered Hawkins High.

As she entered the school, she felt numerous sets of eyes watching her as she anxiously walked to her locker.

People stared at her face.

People stared at her bruises and cuts.

They stared at the stich above her eyebrow.

It was intimidating.

Finally, she reached her locker and touched the lock.

As soon as she did, everyone disappeared.

They were all lying dead on the floor.

Pools of blood splattered on them.

But, not everyone was dead.

Near the entrance of the school, there was a tall dark figure with bright white eyes.

Will.

The thoughts accelerated inside Eleven's head. She wanted them to slow so that she could breathe but they didn't. Her breaths became more like gasps and she felt like she would black out. Her heart hammered inside her chest like it belonged to a rabbit running for its skin. The room span and the panicked teen squatted to the floor, trying to make everything slow to something her brain and body could cope with. She wanted to call an ambulance but the phone was too far away, it was too far away, it was too far away.

She didn't know who to call,

what's their number, who too call,

too far away,

Everyone's gone,

They went,

breathe,

gone,

what number,

too far away... blackness... creeping blackness...

Soon, she was on the floor in a ball. Where is everyone,

what's my name,

who to call,

what's the number,

the stairs are too steep,

the room is spinning...blackness...they're gone...

As soon as El woke up, she found herself on the floor in the hallway with everyone surrounding her.

--

HEY GUYS! Thanks for reading this chapter! Hope you enjoyed it! BYE!
~STAY STRANGE! 😘