Chapter Nine - First Night

Chapter Nine

After Sir Renfrey helped me into the awaiting car, it was literally minutes before I was back at my dorm

The driver was quiet and hidden beneath the veil of darkness and I felt a little strange thanking him for the ride when he didn't respond. He waited in front of my dorm until I was inside. Once the door was shut, I heard the car pull away. I took out my cell phone and turned it back on. It was fifteen past midnight. I couldn't believe how late it was.

The common room was dark and no one was insight. I figured they were either at a party or asleep. I wondered to myself if Stephanie was back from the party yet. I was too tired and still flabbergasted by tonight's events so I decided to not check for her.

Once in my room, I plopped my purse down on the chair and then plopped myself onto my bed. I groaned. Just a little while longer and I can get the softest mattress I can find and maybe a few extra pillows. I sighed contentedly and soon let exhaustion force me to sleep.

Incessant knocking woke me up some hours later. I groaned as I got up to answer the door.

Stephanie was smiling ear to ear. "Guess what?" she beamed, excitedly bouncing on her tip toes.

"Hmm?" I hummed in an almost groan. "Sorry, I didn't get much sleep," I yawned.

Stephanie followed me inside my room, "I didn't either but I'm too excited to sleep."

I gave her a sleepy smile.

"That guy that had invited me to the party asked me out on a date!" she nearly squealed by the end of her sentence and I winced while giving her the biggest smile I could muster.

"That's great Steph!" I was happy for her. I just wish she would have waited to tell me until much later in the day. I sighed and grabbed a bottle of water from my tiny fridge. "So, when is the big date?" I jumped to the middle of my bed, my tail hating me for it, and managed to get comfy by sitting on my pillow.

"This Friday," she swooned dramatically and flopped on to my bed next to me.

I laughed, "Where is he going to take you?"

She sat up quickly, "Uh, I don't know." She pouted. "I was so excited he even asked me out so, I just said yes."

"No worries then. I'm sure it'll be like dinner and a movie or something cool," I made her smile.

We chatted more about her time at the party and me getting the Nanny position. I told her how beautiful Azereen is and how incredibly hot Lord Drayven and Sir Renfrey are. When I told her how much my weekly salary was she flipped. Gushing how awesome that was and how she would love to go shopping with me if I wanted her too. I told her yes, of course and then we chatted about where we wanted to go.

The day went by pretty quick after my morning with Stephanie. I darted after my last class of the day to get one more book from a book store on campus but it had had already closed. I sighed. I probably didn't have enough money for it anyway but I needed it for tomorrows class. I hope the professor won't grade me on not having it yet, I thought as I pouted to myself.