Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

The pain. That's all I had in the darkness and now, nothing. I was glad there wasn't any more pain but that made me worry. Was I dead? No, I couldn't be. Occasionally, I could hear the muffled sounds of people talking near me. I couldn't make out what they said but I knew they were somewhere near.

A comfortable warmth swallowed me and I welcomed it. Suddenly, I felt my self lifting or being lifted. I panicked thinking the pain would come back but after a few moments it didn't so I relaxed in the darkness.

The feeling of someone stroking my hair, caressing my face and touching my arms and legs felt warm, loving and powerful. I wanted to open my eyes but my lids refused to lift. The weight on them ruled. I felt a strange knitting in my arm, almost as if it was being stitched after a numbing medicine was doused on to it. It didn't hurt and it wasn't uncomfortable but it just felt wrong and weird.

I turned over in my nice extra soft bed then heard the rustling of curtains being opened. I sat up so fast my head spun. I noticed right away that I wasn't in my dorm room and then saw a short petite woman with black hair wearing a maids outfit at the large windows tying the curtain to each of the sides. The room was massive and beautifully decorated with glitzy furniture in deep rich colors of gold and burgundy.

The woman saw that I was sitting up, her eyes widened and a light gasp escaped between her thin lips. "You're awake," she finally spoke. "I apologize miss, you scared me."

I gave her an incredulous look, "Where am I?" Suddenly, the images began to flood my entire being back to reality with a sharp stab and I gasped. I remembered everything or was it a dream? If it was then where am I now?

I inspected my arm that I was certain had been broken by the monster in the dungeon but as I stared at it, there was nothing there. It was clear and unbroken.

"I will be right back," the woman said nervously and left.

Not even a minute later, another woman, taller than the one in the maid outfit, and with blonde hair up in tight bun walked in. She wore a navy blue skirt suit and carried a black tablet in one arm. Her face was long and narrow and her nose was sharp and very prominent.

"Miss Silverfall," she looked up from her tablet, "I am Miss Cardon." She moved to a door across the room. "In here is a small selection of clothes for you to choose from. And the other door," she pointed, "is the bathroom. Once you are showered and dressed, I will escort you to Lord Drayven's office."

"I want to go home, not to his office," I retorted rather rudely.

Miss Cardon narrowed her eyes at me, "I suggest you be quick about it. The Lord doesn't like to be kept waiting. I'm sure you would rather not have to return to the dungeon again."

I gulped and she smirked from my reaction. So, the dungeon was real? Then my broken arm? I looked at it again.

"Lord Drayven will discuss the matter with you once you are ready," and with that she left.