Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

A guard escorted me back to my room and once inside and alone, I let the tears cascade. I was devastated. I wanted to be at school but then again, I had to admit this was an interesting twist to my reality. I knew things and a few people were weird but I wouldn't have ever believed this all to be real.

I heard her crying before I noticed the door was open. Azereen collided with me on my bed and my arms wrapped around her automatically. Not a single speck of fear could I find within myself as I held the beautiful child in my arms.

"I am so sorry Kenzie. Please, please don't hate me," she continued to cry hysterically.

I smoothed her hair then pushed her up by her shoulders so we could see each other's eyes, "I could never hate you, Azereen."

"But I saw how scared you were, then Daddy had to kidnapped you and then you got hurt in the dungeon," she paused to sob a little more. I rubbed her arms then drew her into my chest to hug her again.

"None of that was your fault. I don't hate you so please, dry up those beautiful eyes and smile for me," I kissed her forehead.

She leaned back and sniffled before looking in to my eyes. "Are you sure?" I nodded my head yes and slowly, she began to smile.

"There's that beautiful smile," I returned a smile and hugged her again.

We chatted until all her tears were dry and she didn't sniffle anymore. We were laughing when a knock sounded at my door. "Come in?"

Sir Renfrey peeked around the door, "Miss Silverfall, the seamstress has arrived to take your measurements." He opened the door more to allow a short, stout, woman wearing a gaudy floral dress and wheeling in two large old steamer chests, to enter. "This is Rahel Ludimilla, the seamstress," Sir Renfrey said as he helped Rahel set up her chests.

"And dressmaker, custom accessory maker and all around awesome fashionista," she spoke in a Hungarian accent. "Call me Rahel my dear," she smiled on one side of her mouth reminding me of a smokers smiling with a cigarette hanging out of their mouth. "Now, let me look at you so I can see what I am working with."

"Azereen, you need to attend to a few things before dinner," Sir Renfrey announced.

Azereen sighed with a pouted lip then looked to me. I hugged her tightly.

"I'll see you later sweetie," I let her go and she went with Sir Renfrey.

She gave me a small wave before disappearing around the corner and into the hallway. Sir Renfrey nodded with a soft smile before shutting the door.

I was now standing in front of Rahel and she looked me over sharply for a few moments before having me hold my arms out. She took a measuring tape that she had draped around her neck, and began to measure every inch of me. I was feeling a bit self-conscious as she wrote down my measurements and hummed 'uh huh' every once in a while.