Chapter Thirteen - She will hate Me

Chapter Thirteen

It had been a long day and I still had more to do before I could rest

It had been a long day and I still had more to do before I could rest. Once in my office, my staff manager Anita, met me with a stack of papers in her arms. Thankfully, she didn't place them on my desk. Instead, she fingered through them as she alerted to me the happenings while I was away.

I sat in my chair and sighed. My attention was quickly drawn to two small wrapped gifts. Something about them had my mind trying to remember something but I couldn't think of what it could be.

"What are these?" I interrupted Anita in her report and pointed to the gifts.

She nodded her head and riffled through the papers again, "Ah, yes, those two were the last things found at the resident before you all departed. They were found on the floor in the foyer." She looked to me with a plain expression.

Kenzie's gifts. That's where they came from. I shot my attention to the blonde hair Vampire in a grey pin stripe skirt business suit.

"Where's the girl that was in my Bugatti with Blaine?"

Anita looked uncomfortable and a little put off. She flipped to another page before speaking again, "Yes, the unconscious female vampire that was in your Bugatti was taken to the dungeon."

I shot up, "On who's order?" I shouted.

The woman gave me a look I couldn't name at that moment, my mind was spinning.

"On mine, your Majesty," she didn't even seem apologetic. "I assumed she was a trespasser or something so I had her taken away."

"BLAINE," I roared.

Anita bowed in submission even though the same unapologetic expression ruled her thin narrow face.

I sped towards the dungeon instead of waiting for Blaine. It didn't take long in my vampire speed. Before I reached the barriers of the dungeon I could smell her blood. My heart lurched. No, I thought to myself. I couldn't be too late.

I rushed in, knocking a few guards out of my way as they tried to bow.

"Gurgen, no..." I yelled at my dungeon keeper. He was a large Oglin, sort of like a cave ogre, that I employ to handle the prisoners.

His hand with a blade froze just inches away from Kenzie's pale thigh. I gulped my pain and thirst before unlocking the shackles on Kenzie's wrist and ankles. The shackles had already dug into her tender skin creating a bloodied mess with rust stains from the metal.

She slumped into my arms, her skin clammy and pale. I looked at the room and balked. She had lost too much blood already. Her heart still beat though weak but at least that was a good sign.

"Gurgen, bleach this entire room and all your tools. I don't want the tiniest hint of her scent left. Clean the cell she was in and the hall. Get help if you need it and report to me when you are finished. Understood?" I snapped my eyes to the colossal beast to see him nod. "Good, start now," I finished and sped out of the dungeon while carrying a near lifeless Kenzi.