Sliding Into First Base

Dear future me,

Things here are different. The people are so much nicer. Every day I meet new people. I still miss Brad, but I don't think I would go back home if I could.

Until next time,

Sophia

(Note: the chapters sometimes overlap like in this one. This takes place right after Culvers)

Sophia

After our little run-in with Dan and Simon, Anna and I went back to my house.

"So Anna, do you have any secret boyfriends stashed away that I don't know about yet?" I ask her with a grin.

"Umm not exactly." She trails, blushing a little.

"Then maybe it's someone like Dan?"

"Nah, he's not really my type."

"So then what is your type?" I ask with air quotations.

"Oh I don't know, someone like Sam," I raise an eyebrow at her, "I guess I've kinda liked him for a while."

"I don't think I've ever met him," I say, trying to remember him.

"Well he's really nice, he's friends with Simon and Dan. He's not a player or anything, which surprises me because he is super cute," She says in a dreamy tone.

From Paul: hey Soph, I was wondering if you wanted to come to my baseball game today? It's a home game and I remember you saying you liked baseball."

"Hey, Paul says he wants us to come to his game," I say. " Do you want to go?"

"Sure, it'll be fun, and Sam will be there," She says with a grin.

"Alright, I'll tell him we will go." I grab my phone and quickly text him back.

To Paul: We'll be there :) see you later!

From Paul: Ok! It starts at 4.

"We got one hour to get ready," I tell Anna.

"Okay, well I'm ready to go so we can just sit and talk for the next hour." She says and grins at me.

----------------------------

It's the eighth inning and we only need one more out so we can bat. Simon is pitching and Dan is catching. Paul is on first base, and the guy Anna says is Sam is on third. 

"Strike two!" I hear the umpire yell.

Simon gets ready for another pitch. When he throws the batter hits the ball but it goes up and behind the plate.

"Come on Dan! Catch it!" I yell. He slides and catches it. "Woo hoo!"

After a bit, the ump calls for the first batter and Dan walks into the box. The first ball thrown is outside.

On the next pitch, Dan hits the ball and it almost goes out but it hits the fence. Dan runs to second base and now it's Simon's turn.

He ends up hitting a pop fly out to center field. He gets out but Dan makes it to third.

"Look Paul's up to bat!" Anna says.

I look and see Paul smiling at us so I small and wave at him. He gets into the box and gets ready.