Livin' On a Prayer

Dear future me,

Simon and I got an A on our play. I figured we would do good, but that was really good. Apparently we looked very sincere. Not sure how that happened, but I'll take it.

Until next time,

Sophia

 Sophia

"Yeah, your the dick that ran into me at McDonald's, want to finish what we started?" Simon growls, taking a step towards Brad.

"Woah man, I know for a fact I wasn't at McDonald's today," Brad says raising his hands.

Simon takes another step towards Brad and I step in front of him. "Well if it wasn't you then who the hell was it?" He questions. He is still very unhappy

"Did he have green eyes?" Brad asks. I go white remembering where there's one boy, there's two.

"Actually yeah, he did," Simon says in a confused tone.

 I feel like I'm going to faint, puke, or both.

"I-I need to go sit down," I tell them in a shaky voice. Brad wraps his arm around my waist to keep me up.

"That 'dick' that you ran into was my brother. He isn't a very social guy," Brad explains, leading me to the couch. "His name is Chandler." 

Just hearing his name makes me flinch.

"Well, what in the hell did he do to Soph?" Simon questions in an angry tone.

"R-remember how I told you I was bullied? That was him," I manage to say, my voice still shaky.

I see Simon tense and there is something in his eyes that looks like anger mixed with something else. "So how do you know him?" He says motioning to Brad.

"He was my best friend at my old school," I say giving Brad another hug.

"Speaking of how we all know each other who's he?" Brad says motioning to Simon.

"Brad, this is Simon Wright. He and his sister are staying at my house because of an accident." I say, Brad nods his head.

"And here I thought Soapie got herself a boyfriend," Brad says, I feel the heat creeping up my neck.

"Sorry to disappoint," I sass and roll my eyes at him.

"When I heard you lived here I freaked out!" Brad exclaims.

"So did you move here?" I ask him crossing my fingers.

"Yup," He says popping the p.

"Yes!" I scream excitedly.

"So do you still play baseball?" I ask Brad.

"You know it, how's the softball going?" He asks.

"Awesome. I'm done with my season but I'm a pretty good catcher," I tell him.

"Well, you learned from the best." He says smirking at me.

"What position do you play?" Simon asks Brad.

"Shortstop, a pretty good one too," He says with a grin.

"You play any other sports?" Simon asks.

"Yeah, I play football, I'm a linebacker," He says, still grinning.

"Good, we needed another one of those, we also need a kicker," Simon says.

"Oh, um I think you'll have a pretty good kicker," Brad trails off, I tense knowing who he means and so does Simon.

"Anyway, we have to catch up," I say, changing the subject, "want to go out to eat?" I ask.

"Yeah sure. Culvers still your favorite place?" Brad asks.

"Duh, who doesn't love that place?" I ask rhetorically.

"Alright let's get going. It was nice to meet ya man," He says to Simon, holding out his hand to shake.

"Yeah, definitely, I'll see you around," Simon says, shaking his hand.

We walk to the car in silence and he plugs his phone into the radio and plays a song that will never get old. It was the song we used to sing when we were kids.

"Woahhh were halfway there! Woah oh living on a prayer, take my hand, we'll make it I swear. Woah living on a prayer." We sing in unison, giggling like the little kids we are inside.

"I missed you so much," I say to him.

"I missed you more." He says with a grin. We used to say all the time. 

-----------------------

"No way!" I exclaim, my mouth dropping open.

"Yeah way, they are coming out with another fast and furious movie!" He exclaims. He's the whole reason I love the Fast and the Furious.

"Yayy," I say, clapping my hands, the old couple next to us gives me a weird look, but I don't care. The waiter brings our food and we chow down in comfortable silence.

"So, how's Justin?" Brad asks me.

"Good, he's his normal self. On the first day of school, he put soap in my bag," I say chuckling and Brad snickers.

"Classic Justin. Remind me to give him a high five for that," Brad says still snickering.

"Oh boy, you two together will be something to look forward to," I say my voice dripping with sarcasm.

"Oh, now you've got something to make your life interesting again," He says with an evil glint in eyes.

"Joy joy," I say rolling my eyes.

"You still love me." 

"A little less every day," I say making him gasp dramatically.

"I'll do anything," He begs, leaving the booth and getting down on his knees in front of me.  "Please, please forgive me for whatever I didn't do." He says putting his hand on his forehead. "I can't bear the thought of you not being my very best friend in the whole wide world." He is very dramatic.

I roll my eyes at him and motion for him to get back up in his seat.

He gets back up and goes to refill our pops.

I feel my phone buzz in my pocket.

From Anna: Hey where are you? Nobody is answering.

To Anna: I'm out with an old friend that just arrived catching up, he's from my old town.

From Anna: oh, alright. I won't bug then. Text me when you can ;)

To Anna: ok I will, ttyl.

Brad comes back with our now full pops in hand.

"So, you get over mint chip ice cream yet?" Brad asks me.

"Never!" I exclaim.

When he opens his mouth he closes it and his eyes widen.

"Hey there brother, hello Sophie," A deep voice says behind me that can only belong to one person, and only one person calls me that name.

Crap!

************************************
Hey, it's me again, I hope you like hope the book is going. Don't be afraid to comment!