She Knows

Jenna 

Most people just assume that because I'm the queen bee of the school, I'm also a bitch. I've tried being nice to people, but they just think I want things from them. So I gave up, I decided to be what they thought of me.

I don't mind being popular, not one bit. People love me, they practically worship me. They also worship Simon. We would fit together so perfectly. The ultimate power couple. Everyone knows that.

But instead, he spends his time with Sophia Mohr. I was told her sister died this summer. I felt bad for her when she first got to school because like I said I'm not the heartless slut people pin me as. But then she started to hang around with Simon.

I get my phone from my back pocket and decide to text Simon. He's probably with Sophia.

To Simon: hey, what are you up to? We should hang out! <3

I'm guessing I'm going to get back a comment about losing his number, but I don't care anymore. What's the point in trying to be someone who everyone thinks your not. I try being nice people think I'm fake. I put on makeup and sleep around and people think I'm normal. Something is wrong with the human race.

From Simon: I thought I told you to lose my number. Also, I'm on a date.

What the hell? I know he's friends with Sophia, but I didn't think they were that serious. Maybe it isn't her.

To Simon: is it that weird new girl? You've been spending a lot of time with her. You don't need to give her your pity. She seems to have got over her sister. Come spend time with me.

I prod, I'll know if he's with her or not soon.

From Simon: first of all, Sophia is not weird. Secondly, why do you care who I'm dating? I'm not going to date you ever again. So please lose my number and don't text me again.

So I was right, he's with Sophia. He didn't even acknowledge her sister. I wonder if he knows about her.

To Simon: you know her sisters dead right?

He doesn't respond. I assume he decided to ignore it. I decide to text Chandler, a boy that I met at a party recently.

To Chandler: hey, what's up?

From Chandler: not much. Thinking about going out to grab a bite to eat. Want to come?

I normally don't go out but Chandler is pretty hot so I agree.

To Chandler: sure ;) I'll see you in a bit. Where are we eating?

From Chandler: Subway?

********************************************************************************************

Sophia

I see Simon glance my way with a confused look on his face. He keeps fidgeting in his seat and looking at the clock.

After we finish eating we all decide to head back to the hotel to rest for a while.

As we are walking to our rooms Simon stops in front of me and turns my way. "Hey Soph, can we talk?" He asks, grabbing my arm gently.

"Uh sure?" I say. It sounds more like a question. He pulls me to the side and Anna looks back at me as if asking if everything is alright. I nod at her and she hesitates before leaving.

"So what do you want to talk about?" I ask him.

"You never told me you had a sister." He says, his eyes full of curiosity. I immediately stiffen.

"Um, I don't. I, um, I had a sister." I whisper, emphasizing the word had.

His eyes fill with a mix of sadness and pity. I hated pity. It's the reason most of my friends don't know about Janet. "I'm so sorry Sop-"

"Please don't. I'm sick of people's pity." I say bitterly, "How'd you find out anyway?" I question, realizing the only person I told was Anna.

"Um, I was texting Jenna. She said something about your sister." He says.

My mouth falls open in shock. 

How did Jenna find out? That's just peachy, the queen bee knows about my sister. 

"Oh." Is all I say, turning away from him.

"I'll see you later Soph." He says behind me and I just nod my head, my eyes burning.

As I walk into me and Anna's room I sink onto the bed as a tear rolls down my cheek. "Are you okay?" Anna asks, her voice full of concern.

"I don't know Ann," I whisper. "Jenna, she knows, she knows about Janet. I don't know how but she knows. She told Simon. She knows." I sob.

"Shh, it's okay. It's not going to change anything, even if she does know what's she gonna do?" She asks, trying to comfort me.

"I don't know, how about telling the whole school so all I get is pity glances," I deadpan, looking at her flatly with tears still in my eyes.

"She wouldn't do that," She says, sounding unconvinced. I shoot her a look and she sighs. "Okay maybe she would but it's not going to change anything. So what if they know? It just shows how strong you are to show up with a smile on your face every day," She says.

"I guess your right," I reply after a while. Wrapping a blanket around myself.

"Now, turn that frown upside down and let's go watch the boys sweat and look as hot as Lucifer." She says, causing the corner of my lips to tip up into a small smile.

"Let's do it. " 

******************************************************************************************
So, I've been wanting to do something with Jenna's POV for a while. I hope you liked it. Any thoughts?