Chapter 29- Bella's Back

Lily POV

"Bella? You see Bella in that mirror?" James asked excitedly, stepping forward. "Yeah." He said, moving closer to it and studying it with a fond look on his face. "It's you with Lily, and Remus with Mary, and Frank with Alice, and Reggie with your parents and we all look so happy, and I don't have any scars, and neither does Remus... and Bella's standing next to me, close, laughing. Why, what the heck is this mirror? Does it show you your friends or something?" James looked at me in shock, and I'm sure my expression matched it. From what I could gather, Bella hated Sirius. And Sirius hated Bella. They were constantly fighting, and bickering, and screaming and shouting at one another. Even from the only(almost) two days they've spent together. Shoot! Hogsmeade is tomorrow! I forgot. 

I'll have to take Bella and the girls dress shopping. Lily! Stop! Focus. "I thought he was joking. I didn't think he was physically capable of loving, after everything that happened with his parents, you know?" I looked at Sirius, who was standing inches from the mirror and looking fondly at it. "I always knew that it would take the right person to get him to love." I said quietly. "He used those other girls as a distraction." I said, looking at James. He then grabbed my face and kissed me so hard that my cheeks started to hurt. He pulled back, and I was surprised. "What was that for?" "Because I'm grateful that I'm able to love, and the only girl I've ever loved loves me back." He said, looking me in the eyes with his own brimming with sincerity. He kissed my temple and then turned to Sirius, who was shrieking and covering his face with his hands and running kindly around the room. 

"IS IT OVER YET? I'M TOO YOUNG FOR THIS MUCH PUBLIC DISPLAY OF AFFECTION! YEAH, THAT'S RIGHT, I KNOW WHAT PDA STANDS FOR! MOONY TOLD ME!" I burst out laughing. James grabs him by the scruff of the shirt and pulls him over to the mirror, motioning me to come over. I stand next to him and he starts kissing me again. Sirius tries to run away, but James's hold is too strong. He sighs. "Alright mate, I get the point. 'Blah blah blah, get used to this, blah blah blah, I've waited 6 years to kiss her, blah blah blah." James pulled back and let go of Sirius. I whispered something to him and James's eyes lit up. He walked slowly over to an unaware Sirius who was mesmerized by the mirror again, and ruffled his hair. He let out a girly shriek, and chased James around the classroom. I couldn't stop laughing. The door creaked open. The boys froze, James pinned under Sirius. "Don't touch the hair, Prongs." He got up and held out a hand to James who accepted it and stood up, brushing dust off of his clothes. We all turned towards the door. 

"Can't you guys ever be quiet?" Bella said, stepping into the room. She was back in her outfit from the day prior, and ripped the hospital band off her arm and  threw it on the floor. "What's this?" She stepped towards the mirror, but was angled so she couldn't see herself. "The Mirror of Erised?" She paused. "That's desire backwards." She looked at us and narrowed her eyes. "What's going on here?" "Well, long story short, after you fainted, Sirius brought you to the hospital wing, and we came in here to, uh, talk about some things. The mirror was in here, and Sirius came in to tell us that you were awake." I said. "Sirius, what's wrong with your hair? Merlin."  She exclaimed. He hastily covered his head with his arms. "Ask Prongs." "ANYWAYS, this mirror is the mirror of Erised, or desire backwards, which shows you your hearts desire. It shows you what you really, truly want." I said, looking at Sirius and Bella, waiting for their reactions. Sirius turned pale, and then beet red. 

"Wha-thats.... thats impossible..." He muttered. "Bella, what do you see?" I asked quietly, going to stand next to her. She took a deep breath, and stood in front of the mirror. She jumped, looked over her shoulder, back at the mirror, and a confused look was on her face. She stepped forward, puzzled, and studied the mirror. "Um, I see my mother and I. That's it." She said shortly. Sirius's face fell, and he looked crushed. "Come on, it's late." Bella said quietly, and walked out of the room. "Uh, Lily?" She poked her head back in the room. "Could you show me the way to the Gryffindor dorms?"  I turned to James, who mouthed, go, I'll deal with Padfoot. I walked out of the room and Bella silently stepped next to me, matching my stride. "Do you want to talk about it?" I said. "Because I know that's not what you really saw." She shook her head. "Okay. There's a Ball coming up this weekend. Tomorrow my friends and I are going shopping in the wizard village, Hogsmeade. Would you like to come and shop for dresses and things?" I asked. Her eyes lit up. 

"Really? I could come?" "Of course!" I exclaimed. We made it to the portrait hole and I showed her up to the dorms. "Guys!" I said, and all my friends turned to look at me. "This is Bella. She's a Slytherin, but there are no more girls dorms for her. She's going to be taking either my bed or Marlene's bed." The girls all nod. "I'm Alice." Alice waved and smiled. "I'm Mary." Mary flashed a peace sign. Bella smiled warmly. "Hey, at least we have another girl now. It was getting a bit boring, just the two of us, now that Marlene left and Lily switched to the Heads Dorm." Mary said. "Marlene? Marlene McKinnon?" Bella asked. We nodded. "I know her! She was my best friend from America." "Nice!" says Alice, and I leave them to their chattering, knowing we'll all become best friends.