Chapter 26 - New Beginnings

6 months later

"Thank you Benny." I smile at him as I grab the coffee he hands me, placing it on my desk before I return to work. Two months ago we'd launched our project, and the response was amazing. Driven with pain and feeling restless I'd moved to New York where I'd met Benny. He was fresh out of university, had tons of plans but didn't know where to start. There I was, no plans on what to do, but wanting to do anything.
Today we owned a small office complex in Brooklyn and were fortunate enough to have a team of ten people working for and around us.
Fall in Place Corp. was a platform that gave everyone the space they needed. Whether it was to create their own blog, upload music or create video content, we had the opportunities to make it happen. Media wise we'd gotten a huge boost due to me being the ex, but I didn't bother anymore. It helped our company.

"Okay, listen to this: we are giving you guys the opportunity to be featured in our upcoming worldwide ad campaign. Fall in Place Corp. has grown significantly in the last weeks, and a partnership could benefit both participants." Ben was excited, his brown eyes and wide smile beaming as he looked at me. I chuckled softly. "That sounds amazing." "I know, right? This could be our breakthrough!" Of course I felt with him.  This was our project, we'd put our everything into it. Both him and I had worked nonstop the past months, not taking a single break and often working 7 days a week.
"So what do you say?" Peaking his head above his computer screen, he looked at me. His copper hair fluffed up from him ruffling it, his freckled covered face turned into a cheeky grin as he looked at me. "Come on baby, you know what this could mean!" "Worldwide success and thousands of new customers." Jumping up and throwing his hands up in success, he howled like a wolf. "Yes yes yes! All we dreamed of." Dancing around his desk to mine, Benny made me chuckle as he grabbed my hand and pulled me up, spinning me like on a dance floor. "We're doing it." "I knew I could count on you." Literally glowing with happiness, he wraps his arms around me and kisses my forehead multiple times. "We're celebrating tonight! Fall in Place Corp. goes worldwide!"

Three weeks later

"Still nervous?" With a nod I turn my head to look at Ben. "I don't know if I can do this, there's tons of people out there. It's going to be broadcasted. Benny I feel like throwing up." "Hey." Cupping my face, he makes sure to lock his gaze on mine. "You look absolutely stunning. No one is gonna kill you if you're making a mistake. Tonight is going to be the first of a ton exceptional nights to come, I promise. And Leslie is going to love it." Kissing the tip of my nose, he takes my hand. "I won't leave your side. That's why I'm your partner, remember? We complete each other." A soft smile on my lips I nod again, this time more relaxed and a little more excited than nervous. "Let's take on the world."

"And that is exactly why we created Fall in Place. We want to be the space that young people need to live out their creativity, the spot for them to feel safe. To have their works actually noticed. Thank you." Standing ovations and roaring clapping took over the crowd as I step back from the microphone and grab Ben's hand again.
Leslie Bucks walks up to us, an honest smile on her lips. "Emilia, Ben. What an exceptionally wonderful speech!" "Thank you for having us, Leslie." Ben gifts her his best pearly white grin. "The Young Founders Night was created for people like you. Great ideas with an actual purpose and thought behind them. You're both so young and already have so much potential. What did you say, what's the current situation?" "We're currently working alongside 10 colleagues in Brooklyn. fallinplace.com reached 200.000 members last night, earning 50.000 in a little more than a week. We couldn't be happier about the growing rate." "Impressive." Seemingly thinking about my words for a moment, Bucks then steps in to shake both our hands. "Again, thank you so much for presenting. I'm sure you'll come far."

One thing I liked about the Young Founders Night was the way it was planned. It included presentations, a dinner, an award ceremony for the chosen companies that would be supported, and then turned into a huge party for the worlds A-Listers, tons of opportunities to mingle and work out business deals.
"I've already seen Drake. This is insane." I laughed as I saw Ben's excited face, but he didn't chime in with me. He just stared at someone or something in my back, unsure if he should run away or stand his man.
"Emilia." I wasn't expecting that. Meeting him here, meeting him at all. Half a year ago I'd blocked him on all channels, and now I ran into him. He wasn't alone, the other boys accompanying him. I paid no attention to him whatsoever. I hadn't seen them since I'd left and even though I knew that it hadn't been fair, I'd needed that time.
"Luke!" The tall blonde pulled me in, holding me tight. "Don't ever run away again, okay sweetie?" "Pinky promise." Calum was less talkative, just wrapping his tan arms around my figure and pressing me against his body. I kissed his forehead before I stepped in to welcome Ashton. "I've missed you so goddamn much, Ems." "So did I." Stepping back until I could grab Ben's hand again, I finally pulled him in to introduce the boys.
"Ben, this is Luke, my twin, Calum and Ashton. Guys, meet Ben." "Pleasure to meet you." With a grin he shook their hands, and I could immediately sense that they would be friends. It was the way Ash and he smiled at each other, how he wiggled his eyebrows when Calum asked if he was 'my lover boy'. They'd just hit it off. "Ben is my business partner, and... someone special." Seeing Michael hit by my words in the corner of my eye, I turned a bit so I could face him. He looked great. Taller than I'd remembered, seemingly more muscular. Nevertheless, it hurt like hell to see him. I was still not over it. Of course Ben knew, and stepping away from the boys for a moment he looked at me, wrapping an arm around my waist. "Are you okay?" His worry touched my heart, and I nodded. "Just got distracted, but I need to cut stuff like that out of my life." Leaning against his touch, I smiled at him. "Wanna go get a table for dinner?"

Not knowing why or how, we ended up sharing a table with Luke, Ashton, Calum and Michael. Luckily seated in between Benny and my brother, I didn't have to pay a lot of attention to Clifford. He disappeared multiple times before he came back to the table with a petite brunette on his arm, having her sit next to him. She kept looking at him, obviously hopelessly in love, and I felt sorry for her. If only she knew.
Soon after dessert was finished, Leslie entered the stage with a gold envelope in her hand. Each year only one company or project could win, and the pressure was immense.
"Tonight we've seen a lot of great ideas. Plans to unite the people, to create much needed places and things. Choosing the winner is always the hardest part. Of course we love every single idea, but only one can convince us. This year we chose a project that is very dear to my heart. It's a chance and a place for young people to live out their dreams, accessible from all over the world. Dedicated to this incredible project is an amazing couple, fighting to pursue their visions. This years Young Founders Award goes to Fall in Place, Emilia Hemmings and Benedict Todd."
Benny jumps up, victoriously dropping to his knees in front of me and kissing my hand. I still can't believe it.
We won. We won? We won! "Ben we WON." "I know baby!" He's ecstatic, bouncing up and down as he picks me up and swirls me around in a swift motion before he carries me to the stage where Leslie waits for us.
"Congratulations you two." She hugs both of us, laughing as Ben still dances in his spot. "I- I can't really believe this is happening. Thank you so much Leslie." My voice shakes as I try to find the correct words, my mouth suddenly dry. "I want to thank my parents, my family. My best friends, they're actually here tonight. Thank you, boys. A lot of people were involved in the creation of Fall in Place, and I wish I could thank every single one of them. However, I can't forget to thank one person. Ben." I turned to face him, always amazed at how wonderful he was. "Thank you, Benny. Not only for being my partner, but for being my rock, my best friend. My person. I love you."

____________

We're in da future lol
- e