Chapter 23.

It's literally insane how much you start to care for someone, when they had your back when no one else did. That's exactly Cameron. I guess I'm still pissed at Shawn for what he did, but I guess I kind of did the same thing, going off to California with his best friend, a day after we broke up. I mean Cameron is like my best friend, and I guess I just needed the comfort from him.

The next day, I decided to go back to the hospital, to see what Shawn had to say. Cam waited in the waiting room, and I slowly walked into Shawn's room to make sure no one was in there. I closed the door and walked over to Shawn.

"Sophia?" he said.

I flipped my hair over my shoulder and smirked.

I sat next his bed, and he started talking.

"Listen Soph, I just want you to know that I am NOT dating Ashley. I have no idea why she came in here acting like that yesterday" he said.

He leaned towards me and grabbed my hand.

"You'll always be my girl" he smiled.

I started blushing and Shawn's smile got bigger. "Now, there's my Sophia I love to see".

"You know, these past couple of days have been so weird. All I basically did was cry or kill myself with thoughts. I never thought a break up would be so hard. I guess I just wasn't ready to let you go, and I don't know if I'll ever be able to" I said, playing with his hand.

"Whenever I couldn't think about anything, all I did was remember your voice saying that we'd have a future" Shawn replied.

I looked up at him and stared into his eyes. His lazy eye is so cute, I love it.

"And, Cameron told me everything. That you were confused on who you liked more. And I understand that. Everyone gets mixed feelings" he added.

'What the heck? Why would he understand that his girlfriend had feelings for another guy? Especially his best friend' I thought to myself.

Only to find out I actually said it out loud.

"You know, we weren't even dating a month before everything happened. Everything happened so quick, but I fell so in love with you, I forgot" Shawn said.

He's being so passionate and I'm sitting here, not knowing what the hell to say.

"Shawn, you have no idea on how much I regret that night we fought. Whenever I'm with you, I actually feel loved. And actually for me. Not for my looks or having powerful foot on the field. I love you more than you can ever imagine. Who cares if we were together for not even month, true love shouldn't have a time limit. And I know we cared and still care about each other, a lot" I told him.

Then, I started thinking about Cameron. What would he do if I got back together with Shawn? Should Shawn and I just remain close friends for now? 

It's kinda like Shawn can read my mind through my facial expressions. 

"If you're worried about Cam, don't be. If you wanna date him, do it. I just want you to be happy" he said.

I gave him a hug and he kissed me. I sure did miss his kisses. 

I can't believe he's okay with me dating Cameron, if I ever wanted to. I feel like Shawn doesn't love me anymore... Or maybe he's just on a lot of drugs right now for his ankle.. I don't know.

"But, I do need to tell you something" I said.

Shawn shook his head, okay.

"The other day, I went back to California with Cameron and I actually had a lot of fun. Except for the times I cried, but I had Cameron there to comfort me" I added.

"You know lately, it seems like that you actually like him a lot more than me.." Shawn mumbled.

This is it. This is probably the part where I'm going to say the wrong thing and mess everything up. Great.

I just decided to tell him the flat down truth.

"You know what, Shawn? I'm actually confused, to be honest. I don't know who I want. I love you both the same. For now, I'm just staying single. I'm not ready for a relationship, right now".

He muttered something that I couldn't quite make out.

"I know, I'm confusing. It's just so stressful. I just wanna go home and go back to school. And I can't wait until next week because that's when I go back. But, just remember.. that if you ever think that I don't love you, or don't care about you, just think about how I got here as I fast as I could from all the way across the country, just to be here, by your side. I do truly love you, I really do. But my heart is telling me two different things and it's frankly tearing my life apart" I added.

"There's no such thing as consequense, Sophia. Everything decsion you make in life, comes from you. Not something you feel" Shawn said.

That really hit me. He was one hundred percent right. What am I doing with myself? I'm tearing myself apart, not my heart.

"You always know what to say" I playfully punched his arm.

Before Shawn was about to kiss me again, Cameron walked in and sat down next to me.

"How's your ankle doin', bud?" he asked Shawn.

"Eh. The doctor put me on meds, so I can't feel anything" Shawn replied.

I looked over at Cam and he smirked at me. I looked back over at Shawn, to see a jealous look on his face. 

"Well, this is awkward" Cam loudly whispered.

We all laughed and then the nurse came in and told Cameron and I we had to leave.

On the way back to our hotel, I couldn't get that smile off my face. I was just so happy to see him.

When we got up into our room, I jumped onto the bed and snuggled up under the blankets. Cam snuggled up next to me and I layed my head on his chest.

"You know what I think?" he said.

"What?" I replied.

"I think we should take things to the next level".