Chapter six (Rose)

As she walked through the dark and silent halls of the house, Rose couldn't help but think about that day. How tall Loui looked. How handsome he was and the way he looked at her. She shook her head, remembering that he was betrothed to another. A stab of jealousy pierced her heart. God she wanted to stab that bitch for just a split second, the pushed the violent thought away. She placed her fingers on her temple and passed the balcony, quickly taking a second glance.
      There Loui stood, his back to her. He wasn't wearing a shirt, or shoes, just a pair of loose fitting pants made for sleeping in. Rose's cheeks flushed, and she nervously made were way towards the oldest son of Benjamin. "M-master Louis.....its awfully late is it not...?" She asked meekly. He looked at her over his shoulder, back lit by the moon. God he looked fantastic.
"It is.....I couldn't sleep....there isn't much one can do in that situation......" his words sounded distant. She moved closer until she stood next to him.
"Well.....if I couldn't sleep this is just the place I'd come.....it's so peaceful...."
"Aye...it is...." Rose tensed up.
"I-I'm sorry, I-I'm ruining it for you aren't I? I-I'll just go....." she turned to leave, but felt a hand on her shoulder, making her stay in place.
"Please don't go....." his eyes almost seemed desperate.
'He's probably nervous about the wedding.......' she turned back to the garden and rested her small hands on the rail of the balcony next to his, trying not to look at his bare chest.
"It's a lovely night....." he looked up, a light breeze running its fingers through his hair.
"It is indeed....very lovely....so calm...."
"........I meet my fiancé tomorrow......" his voice was low and monotonous.
"That's true....are you excited....?"
"I'm nervous......"
"That's understandable......but I'm sure you'll like her just fine!" She forced a smile.
"I'm in love with someone else, it's not that easy......" He looked at her again.
"Oh? I'm guessing she's not your wife to be.......that must be hard......." 'I'm guessing she isn't me either......why would she be?! Who would love a maid.......'
"No.......this whole situation has left me heart broken quite frankly....."
"I-I'm sorry to hear that......" there was an awkward moment of silence between them. Rose shifted away slightly.
"Rose.....?"
"Yes, Master Louis?"
"Has anyone ever told you that....you have beautiful eyes......" Rose's cheeks turned as red as her name sake.
"I-I don't believe so........."
"Can't imagine why......." he backed away from he rail. Rose took as many inconspicuous glances at his chest. It was so muscular and toned. Loui was very fit; he liked to run. "Thank you for the talk, Rose.....I suddenly feel as if I can sleep......"
"Goodnight..........master...." he left her alone. She sighed.