Chapter twenty-two (Rose)

Rose slowly stepped into the room. Ben was in bed, his hand on the desk where the service bell was, unmoving. "M-master Kramer.....? Wake up sir...." she started to get worried and moved over to the bed. The small old man didn't move. She moved his hand onto his chest and pulled up the covers a bit before putting two fingers under his jaw. There was no pulse. She gasped and stepped away slightly. 'H-he's......' she covered her mouth with a shaky hand. Her eyes widened and teared up a bit. 'How am I going to tell Jasper.....' she bolted out of the room.
"JASPER!" She called. "JASPER!"
"What what?!" Jasper had left the music room and gone down the hall to meet her cries. "What is it?!"
"Y-your father is.....he's....."
"He's WHAT?! Dad is WHAT?!"
"....he's not moving....I can't feel his pulse.....I-I'm sorry......." a tear rolled down her face. Jasper stared at her for a moment before running as fast as she could to her father's bedroom. Rose tried to keep up but she had short legs. Jasper wailed. Rose leaned in the doorway.
"N-no....he's just sleeping....he's just......" she placed a hand on her father's cold face. Rose slowly walked over to her.
"He's gone, Jasper......."
"N-no! You're wrong!" She gripped the sheets of the bed, her shoulders trembling. "........."
"........" she flinched when Jasper started to cry hysterically and put her hands on her back. "Just let it out....it'll be alright......"
"AAAHHHHHGHH!" Tears rolled down her cheeks. Rose watched her, crying quite a bit herself.
      The funeral was fairly long. Jasper cried the whole time, and Rose was there to comfort her. The two had always been good friends, ever since Rose was first hired as the house maid. Now she could say that choosing that job was the best decision she'd ever made. "There there Jasper......" she gently hugged the crying woman. "There there....."